Verified Expert in Finance
Omar is a strategic advisor and successful investor with over thirteen years of experience. After starting his career at Morgan Stanley, Omar moved to principal investing at a top hedge fund and two $500+ million family offices. He's also helped multiple tech startups raise over $50 million in funding. A published author, London Business School MBA, a CFA, and a CAIA, Omar advises entrepreneurs, businesses, and family offices on complex commercial and investment challenges.
Director | Portfolio Manager
- Served on a board of two $500+ million family offices, assisted them in the implementation and execution of public and private investment strategies, and helped with overall investment strategies and portfolio management.
- Managed a discretionary equity portfolio using a bottom up investment process complimented by macroeconomic research which has delivered over 25% annualized return since 2018.
- Worked closely with C-level executives, young investors, and entrepreneurs on multidimensional coaching and counseling.
Investment Analyst | Portfolio Manager
Balyasny Asset Management
- Provided portfolio managers with strategic investment recommendations that combined proprietary top-down macroeconomic forecasts with a bottoms-up fundamental investment process.
- Managed a $50 million discretionary macro-equity portfolio focused on thematic investments with an emphasis on the United States and Europe across stocks, baskets, and equity derivatives.
- Conducted detailed macro and thematic industry research focusing on disruptive industry trends including the internet of things (IoT), the impact of the aging population, eCommerce, digitization, and automation.
- Built detailed public company financial models that included return analysis, sensitivity analysis, risk assessment, and valuation.
- Generated multiple inflection point investment ideas that resulted in 15%+ returns, winning the BAM excellence award for idea generation in September 2016.
- Developed a unique "quantamental" approach to investment idea generation by building screening models that use both fundamental factors and quantitative screening tools.
Senior Investment Analyst
M1 Group | Mikati Family Office
- Worked closely with principals to establish the internal investment process and strategic asset allocation frameworks.
- Assisted in the execution, process management, valuation and due diligence of ten+ buy-side transactions covering consumer staples, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Co-managed a $100+ million discretionary long/short public equity portfolio focused on thematic investments covering consumer, financial services and technology with an emphasis on the United States and Europe generating 15%+ annual returns across stocks, baskets, and equity derivatives.
- Led the financial modeling, due diligence, and stock purchase agreement negotiations for the acquisition of a $100+ million European luxury fashion retailer.
- Sourced, performed due diligence, led the valuation assessment, and executed on a $150 million strategic acquisition of a payments services provider in EMEA.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Developed client solutions for equity financing, hedging and share repurchases including product pricing, deal origination, and overall process management.
- Served as the sole analyst on the $1.1 billion financial restructuring of The Investment Dar, a multi-sector conglomerate with investment interests in the consumer discretionary and real estate sectors.
- Assisted in the execution, process management, valuation and due diligence on twenty+ sell and buy-side transactions covering consumer staples, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Built discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, M&A, and investment returns models for twenty+ sell and buy-side transactions covering consumer staples, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Ranked in the top tier of the Morgan Stanley’s analyst pool in 2010.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Economics and Value Investing
London Business School - London, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
American University of Beirut - Beirut, Lebanon
SAQ Swiss Wealth Management Certificate
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)