Verified Expert in Finance
Omar is a strategic advisor and successful investor with 13+ years of experience. After starting his career at Morgan Stanley, Omar moved to principal investing at a top hedge fund and two $500+ million family offices. He's also helped multiple tech startups raise over $50 million in funding. A published author, London Business School MBA, a CFA, and a CAIA, Omar advises entrepreneurs, businesses, and family offices on complex commercial and investment challenges.
Director | Portfolio Manager
- Served on the board of two $500+ million family offices, assisted them in the implementation and execution of public and private investment strategies, and helped with overall asset allocation strategies and portfolio management.
- Managed a $100+ million discretionary macro-equity portfolio using a bottom-up and top-down investment process combining macroeconomic and security research, which has delivered over 25% annualized return since 2018.
- Worked closely with C-level executives, young investors, and entrepreneurs on multidimensional coaching and counseling.
Investment Analyst | Portfolio Manager
Balyasny Asset Management
- Provided portfolio managers with strategic investment recommendations that combined proprietary top-down macroeconomic forecasts with a bottoms-up fundamental investment process.
- Managed a discretionary macro-equity portfolio focused on thematic investments with an emphasis on the United States and Europe across stocks, baskets, and equity derivatives.
- Conducted detailed macro and thematic industry research focusing on disruptive industry trends, including the internet of things (IoT), the impact of the aging population, eCommerce, digitization, and automation.
- Built detailed public company financial models that included return analysis, sensitivity analysis, risk assessment, and valuation.
- Generated multiple inflection point investment ideas that resulted in 15%+ returns, winning the BAM excellence award for idea generation in September 2016.
- Developed a unique "quantamental" approach to investment idea generation by building screening models that use both fundamental factors and quantitative screening tools.
Senior Investment Analyst
M1 Group | Mikati Family Office
- Worked closely with principals to establish the internal investment process and strategic asset allocation frameworks.
- Assisted in the execution, process management, valuation and due diligence of ten+ buy-side transactions covering consumer staples, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Co-managed a $100+ million discretionary long/short public equity portfolio focused on thematic investments covering consumer, financial services and technology with an emphasis on the United States and Europe generating 15%+ annual returns across stocks, baskets, and equity derivatives.
- Led the financial modeling, due diligence, and stock purchase agreement negotiations for the acquisition of a $100+ million European luxury fashion retailer.
- Sourced, performed due diligence, led the valuation assessment, and executed on a $150 million strategic acquisition of a payments services provider in EMEA.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Developed client solutions for equity financing, hedging and share repurchases including product pricing, deal origination, and overall process management.
- Served as the sole analyst on the $1.1 billion financial restructuring of The Investment Dar, a multi-sector conglomerate with investment interests in the consumer discretionary and real estate sectors.
- Assisted in the execution, process management, valuation and due diligence on twenty+ sell and buy-side transactions covering consumer staples, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Built discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, M&A, and investment returns models for twenty+ sell and buy-side transactions covering consumer staples, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Ranked in the top tier of the Morgan Stanley’s analyst pool in 2010.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Economics and Value Investing
London Business School - London, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
American University of Beirut - Beirut, Lebanon
SAQ Swiss Wealth Management Certificate
Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring