Co-founder + CEO2013 - PRESENTThe Antilles Company
Focus areas: Fundraising, Startup, Go-To-Market Strategy, Operations, Supply Chain, Global Expansion, Product Company, Three Statement Operating Model, Distribution, Unit-level Economics, Pricing Strategy
- Led the company from inception to market, including capital raising, team construction, operations, strategy, finance, global expansion, and the establishment of its supply chain.
- Constructed investor materials (presentations and three-statement financial model) and go-to-market strategy as well as led negotiations for a successful Series A round.
- Built an international distribution network that included strategic showrooms, eCommerce, and over 600 independent sellers spanning four countries.
- Built a global supply chain and sourcing organization across Southeast Asia (China, Korea), Europe (Greece, Turkey), and EMEA.
- Won Harvard Business School's Global Best New Venture Award.
Chief Economist & Special Infrastructure Advisor2010 - 2011Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Project
Focus areas: Capital Structuring, Valuation Analysis, Market Opportunity Analysis, Fundraising, infrastructure project, Strategic Investments, Chief Economist, Investment Decision-making, Capital Negotiations
- Evaluated, analyzed, and made strategic recommendations on all special situation investments on behalf of the CEO. Special situation projects were defined as those valued in excess of $4 billion, as well as all horizontal/strategic expansion opportunities.
- Conducted market research, financial modeling, financing options analysis, offtake options analysis, and more as part of the execution, financing, and construction of a new $8 billion liquefaction and floating regasification plant in Nigeria.
- Conducted similar market research, modeling, financing options analysis, capital markets assessment, and assembled a recommendation memorandum for the expansion the company’s LNG vessel/fleet, valued at $420 million.
- Served as Interim Chief Economist for the organization.
- Authored a 130-page research report and made a strategic recommendation on the investment prospects for the creation of a domestic liquefied petroleum gas industry, to be executed in partnership with the Federal Government.
Chief Restructuring Officer2010 - 2010Radiation Therapy Services, Inc.
Focus areas: Financial Restructuring, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Revenue Optimization, Sale Lease Back Transaction, Underperforming Asset Divestitures
- Designed and executed the $40 million cost restructuring strategy for RTS, as approved by the board. Achieved $38 million in cost-savings, with direct pass-through to EBITDA.
- Restructured and renegotiated 176 physician contracts; and led negotiations, financial modeling, and sell-side due diligence for the successful divestiture of 60 underperforming freestanding therapy centers.
- Negotiated and executed $35 million sale-leaseback transaction of RTS’ the Nevada freestanding centers' real-estate assets.
- Redesigned 2010 strategic roadmap for the company, and screened new management team (CFO and Chief Strategy Officer) that would lead its execution.
Private Equity Investor2008 - 2010Vestar Capital Partners, LP
Focus areas: Leveraged Buyout Model, Due Diligence, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation Analysis, Operations Finance, Market Opportunity Analysis, Financial Restructuring
- Evaluated and executed new and follow-on investment opportunities in consumer and healthcare industries as part of Vestar’s $3.7 billion fund.
- Drove all aspects of the investment process, including deal origination, development of investment thesis, financial modeling, capital markets/financing assessment, presentation to investment committee and deal execution.
- Managed cross-functional teams of external advisors through financial, operations, market and strategic due diligence as part of leveraged buyout process.
- Facilitated sale & purchase agreement process; oversaw debt structuring discussions with lenders; and oversaw key transaction documentation, including sale & purchase agreements, merger agreements, management incentive plans, shareholders’ agreement and others.
- Executed, alongside Vestar Resources Group (in-house operations and consulting arm), the restructuring of two portfolio companies, optimizing both revenues and costs.
- Select Transaction Experience: Closed $1.5 billion LBO and merger of Unilever’s North American laundry assets with Sun Products, Inc.; and $1.1 billion merger between RTS Inc. and Vantage Oncology.
- Select Portfolio Experience: Led the roll-up acquisition strategy for a healthcare portfolio company, which included the sourcing, negotiation, diligence and acquisition of 17 separate, smaller entities.
- Served on the boards of three Vestar portfolio companies.
M&A Analyst2006 - 2008Lehman Brothers, Inc.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Leveraged Buyout Model, Financial Modeling, Valuation Analysis, Credit Analysis, Market Research
- Prepared investment memorandums and credit memos for large-cap leveraged buyout transaction.
- Performed credit, valuation and merger analyses—merger models, LBO models, accretion/dilution models, sum-of-the-parts analysis, and others—as part of assessing and financing a range of buyout transactions.
- Conducted business, industry, market and financial due diligence on acquisition targets on behalf of the bank, private equity and corporate clients.
- Created a pitch book for corporate finance and M&A deals.
- Managed client responsibilities with some of the world's largest private equity funds.
- Drafted credit committee materials and recommendations ahead of IPOs, M&A and LBO transactions.
- Executed numerous transactions including, $1.7 billion LBO of GNC Inc. and $1.5 billion sale of USIS, Inc.