Orvile Rabino, CFA, CPA
Verified Expert in Finance
Orvile is a senior finance executive with experience in leading the financial planning, reporting, and controlling of a global leader in consumer finance technology with $20+ billion in assets, 100,000+ employees, and 130+ million customers. He is a well-rounded and data-savvy professional who enjoys advising multiple startup management teams with his complete suite of finance expertise.
Senior FP&A Manager
Home Credit Group
- Led the planning and budgeting process of a global leader in consumer finance technology with $20+ billion in assets, 100,000+ employees, and 130+ million customers.
- Assisted the local finance teams in assessing country performance, identifying key risks and opportunities, reviewing and approving new product proposals, and preparing budgets, forecasts, and profitability analyses.
- Performed the offsite visits to local operations and conducted business health checks. Contributed to the area of operations management and product profitability evaluations.
- Created Power BI dashboards for value-added services monitoring and product profitability analytics for top management reporting.
- Performed deep-dive analysis and benchmarking on multiple countries' telesales performance with data science tools.
- Established the financial evaluation model for the joint-financing schemes and asset sale transactions in multiple countries.
- Reviewed the loans and portfolio modeling of the local operations, including incorporating various credit risk parameters and IFRS 9 compliance.
- Controlled the product pricing, reviewed product profitability sensitivities, and break-even scenarios.
- Designed and implemented customer and product profitability and unit economics in multiple countries of operation.
- Acted as a key player in the IPO and M&A preparations that involved the creation of financial projections, management presentations, and due diligence.
- Worked as a financial controller for a client—a family-owned medical marijuana dispensary chain with eight stores in Oregon and Washington and around $42 million in annual revenue. They do cultivation and wholesale for their own stores.
- Cleaned the books and corrected historical postings of the transactions, mainly focusing on intercompany transactions.
- Created a comprehensive and automated dashboard to monitor business and financial performance.
- Proposed enhancement to the inventory control and management process from inventory procurement and intake to store allocations to end-customer sales.
Planning and Reporting Expert
Pemex - Deerpark Refinery
- Worked as a planning and reporting expert for the client: an oil and chemical processing plant in Texas that has recently undergone an ownership change. The site operates as a standalone and has around 1,000 staff.
- Created a comprehensive planning model for around 500 million annual OPEX budget. Mapped the whole process involving >40 cost centers. The model was successfully used for the annual budgeting exercise.
- Proposed the setup for the reporting process and consolidation, including the creation of a centralized data repository to monitor the financial and non-financial metrics clearly.
Consultant | Financial Modeler
- Prepared the financial projections of a startup dating app in the US. The model output included three revenue streams: subscriptions, in-app purchases, and advertisements.
- Managed the full spectrum of the record-to-report accounting process of a fisheries group operating in the Caribbean. Recommended improvement in the legal structure to optimize costs, including taxes.
- Created an operating model for a distributor of anti-erosion products sold to construction companies. The final output was a working planning tool used to manage inventory levels and cash flows as their business grows.
- Established and streamlined the financial planning and reporting process for one of the biggest oil and gas explorations in the US. It provided a clean structure to the enterprise data flows and controls.
- Designed a simple Excel-based accounting system for a startup dating app.
- Prepared a financial projections model for a wearable cameras company that involved operational benchmarking with GoPro. The output was used to justify a $6 million capital raise.
- Constructed a startup model, including a cost-benefit analysis for a US coffee shop company's planned expansion to 10 locations.
- Created a franchise model for a global health and fitness club company that shows the potential progression of revenues, expenses, and cash flows over time.
- Prepared a business plan, including financial projections of a pharmaceutical company with a business model that fully integrates the interaction of the doctor-pharmacy-patient.
- Served as a fractional CFO for a cannabis dispensary retail company with over $30 million in annual revenue and a presence in 10 locations.
Home Credit Philippines
- Managed a team that controlled all functional departments' $20+ million operational spendings, regularly interacting with the CEO and top management on cost strategies and departmental performance.
- Brought down annual operating expenses by 10% or $2 million by resolving operational inefficiencies two months after joining the company.
- Created a comprehensive operational model as the main tool for annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting, which improved the productivity of the management process to be one of the best in the group.
- Handled the SAP migration process covering the FICO and payroll module. Established the cost center reporting and formalized the organizational cost ownership structure.
- Established the cost management system by combining various data sources, including operational DWH and ERP outputs.
- Oversaw the monthly closing process and management reporting by reviewing cost allocations and accruals, taxes, payroll, capital expenditures, and revenues.
San Miguel Corporation (Telco Arm)
- Played a key role in the pioneer team of the $2.2 billion merger project that initially set up the FP&A function, including management reporting, products and deal management, and business partnering.
- Engaged with the department heads to implement the top-down strategy with a bottom-up plan. Created the debt drawdown and repayment schedule for the deal from various funding sources.
- Led the accounting system (SAP) migration process that includes reviewing and proposing change requests in the controlling module to incorporate best practice management reporting.
- Oversaw and reviewed the month-end closing process of the accounting books.
- Managed the business liquidation accounting process after the eventual buyout by the competitor.
- Reviewed financial accounts of multinational companies from real estate, healthcare, hospitality, education, and retail industries to ensure the validity and legality of their financial records.
- Acted in a semi-advisory role to recommend possible risk aversion measures and cost savings that could be made.
- Identified the undetected accounting issues that lasted for a long time due to self-formulated procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy
Adventist University of the Philippines - Cavite, Philippines
Data Scientist Track
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Professional Regulation Commission