Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Patrick is a German consultant and previous fintech founder with 12+ years of experience in C-level consulting and commercial leadership roles. He has worked in some of Europe's fastest-growing eCommerce ventures. Patrick has completed many assignments as a managing partner at organizations based in Germany, focusing on digital strategy, and due diligence for private equity and venture capital. He enjoys working with technology companies building across many digital verticals and new challenges.
- Delivered around 35 projects in digital strategy for leading private equity and venture capital firms, and other high-growth ventures over the past six years. Led as an individual contributor and with my teams.
- Advised private equity funds and their portfolio companies. Selected digital ventures and digitally minded teams at large corporates that look for support on their digital agenda.
- Included clients such as BC Partners, Infravia Capital Partners, Avedon Capital, and many others.
Managing Director and CEO
- Founded Brickgate GmbH as founding managing director and. CEO. Created a fintech for real estate online investing in Europe from incorporation to launch. Recieved venture capital funding with partners all over Europe, and into its growth stage.
- Worked with product, team, and profit and loss (P&L) responsibility in a highly regulated fintech market with commercial partners from across Europe. Raised seven-digit venture capital funding. Built a team of 15 staff from scratch.
- Shipped initial two-sided investment marketplace for real estate mezzanine capital within 11 months after start.
Lead Business Development and Sales
- Hired by the founder and co-CEO. Worked with the commercial leadership team to assess and execute pre-IPO market entry and the growth strategy of Zalando SE for the mainland China market.
- Led teams in the online marketing organization across performance channels (SEO, strategic enterprise agreement, CRM, display), with a special focus on customer reporting.
- Resulted in Zalando SE becoming Europe’s fastest-growing fashion eCommerce business with around a 12 billion Euro topline, nearly 20 billion Euro market cap, and 13,000+ staff.
- Worked as a strategy consultant in the Berlin office for one of the world’s leading management consulting firms.
- Assisted on 12+ projects in financial services/private equity/digital media for German and global clients. Included go-to-market in digital, private equity due diligence, and process optimization.
- Published a Google-sponsored global study on the digital economy.
Master's Degree in Economics
University of Mannheim - Mannheim, Germany
Visiting Graduate Ph.D. Student in Economics
Yale University - New Haven, CT
China Scholarship Program Chinese Language Course in Mandarin Chinese
Nanjing University - Nanjing, China
Fellow - Top 1% of German Students
German National Academic Foundation
DAAD/McKinsey & Company Yale University Scholarship