Verified Expert in Finance
Patrick has executed various M&A and fundraising projects with a strong focus on the TMT, IT services, and fintech sectors. He gained his M&A capabilities at the best corporate M&A team in Germany, in private equity, and at a PE-backed buy-&-build firm. His M&A know-how is complemented by operational experience in fintech as a co-founder and team leader in business development at a unicorn firm. Patrick enjoys advising clients on fundraising, M&A, and corporate finance projects.
COO | CFO | Co-founder
- Led the seed round fundraising, which resulted in significant funding from venture capital funds and business angels.
- Concluded strategic partnerships with insurance and financing partners, defined processes and service level agreements, and managed efficient technical integration while complying with banking regulations.
- Generated a double-digit million sales pipeline through direct sales and by building around 15 affiliate partnerships with brokers, banks, and logistics firms.
Head of Business Development Office
- Initiated the turnaround of the business development team by introducing a performance-based culture, setting up central intelligence and reporting processes, and establishing a collaborative team spirit by defining a joint mission.
- Steered European sales activities across 15+ countries and led proposal creation for blue-chip banks.
- Established sales reporting for top management and investors, resulting in optimized business steering.
Associate Private Equity TMT
Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners
- Led and closed a €600-million cash sale of Strato AG to United Internet and Warburg Pincus—building the financial model with the CFO, creating the investor presentations and board memorandum, as well as managing all sell-side due diligence.
- Led and closed multiple buy-side deals in cloud and hosting, digital infrastructure, internet of things, marketplaces, and the software-as-a-service space.
- Covered all stages of the deal cycle including the identification of opportunities, due diligence, investment memorandums and presentations, negotiations, legal documentation, and closing procedures.
- Managed the portfolio company—monitoring for Scout24 AG, Ströer SE & Co. KGaA, and hosting and cloud-related assets.
Analyst Corporate Development and M&A
- Managed buy- and sell-side projects with many responsibilities, including achieving stakeholder alignment and garnering management and the supervisory board approvals, e.g., the sale of EE to British Telecom for £12.5 billion.
- Reviewed the European telco landscape—identifying two potential minority targets and executing extensive due diligence including valuation, group leverage impact analyses, and structuring of derivative acquisition instrument (funded collar).
- Built various fully dynamic financial models and valued various assets using methodologies such as discounted cash flows, comparable company and precedent transaction multiples, and leveraged buyout modeling.
Ardian Private Equity
- Executed potential deals in pharmaceuticals which included formulating investment memorandums and recommendations.
- Screened multiple investments across various sectors.
- Performed financial modeling, multiples, and DCF valuations.
Master's Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Corporate Finance and Strategy
University of Mannheim - Mannheim, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance
Edinburgh Napier University - Edinburgh, United Kingdom