Paulius Uziela, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
Paulius has closed 20+ seed/early-stage investments in AI, technology, SaaS, energy, and other sectors. He also has experience working on debt transactions and the biggest regional M&A deals in the Baltics while employed at a leading consulting firm (Deloitte) and DNB bank. Paulius is a CFA charter holder who enjoys freelancing to help clients on valuation, financial modeling, and fundraising projects.
- Prepared investment memos for 30+ investment cases, which included financial, market, competitor analysis, investment rationale, transaction description, and investment terms.
- Successfully closed 20+ seed/early-stage investments in AI, technology, SaaS, energy, and other sectors. Funding round sizes ranged from USD 200,000 to USD 1.5 million.
- Led meetings with co-investors, startups, and other relevant parties in facilitating negotiations and investment transactions.
- Prepared valuation of the investments by a fund for reporting purposes.
- Defined KPIs (MRR, LTV, CAC, churn, payback period) and created a detailed dashboard to track a SaaS startup's financial and operating performance.
- Led the due diligence process, which included a detailed analysis of financial model assumptions and questionnaires on the market, product, team, strategy, and finance.
- Developed detailed valuation models of companies operating in the technology, energy, manufacturing, and wholesale sectors.
- Completed the valuation analysis of a complex IT company group of 17 enterprises established in seven countries.
- Prepared numerous financial due diligence projects, which included EBITDA and net working capital (NWC) normalization, net debt calculation, KPIs, and management reports analysis.
- Performed the financial modeling of the price of services provided in a legal dispute between a rail carrier and the client.
- Prepared numerous comparable company and precedent transaction analyses in conjunction with valuation and M&A mandates.
Corporate Credit Analyst
- Prepared detailed financial analyses of real estate, wholesale, retail, and manufacturing companies.
- Performed credit risk assessment considering the use of funds, profitability, scenario, NWC analysis, and financial projections.
- Proposed appropriate financing structure, including debt schedule, financial and non-financial covenants, and ring-fencing.
- Performed fixed income sales for institutional clients and attracted more than 30 new investors.
- Maintained existing relationships with investors by generating new investment ideas.
- Acted as a market maker in the secondary market for Baltic Government bonds.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
ISM University of Management and Economics - Lithuania
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
BI Norwegian Business School - Norway
Assistant Business Appraisal
Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Financial Broker Licence
Central Bank of the Republic of Lithuania