Verified Expert in Finance
A Harvard grad with an MBA from Stanford, Peter has served as CFO of three successful companies, led several acquisitions, obtained growth capital, led recapitalization efforts, and led a successful exit for the shareholders. He's also raised $500 million+ for clients as a VP at KeyBanc Capital Markets, a commercial and investment bank. Peter enjoys freelancing to help clients with capital raising, M&A, FP&A, and various CFO-related functions.
Projection Model for Financing
- Led all of the elements of finance and accounting, including month-end close process, budgeting, and financial reporting; ensured that all financial records and systems are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Also led IT, business intelligence, and legal functions; oversaw half of the company's operations.
- Developed KPIs to monitor the business and provide insights to the CEO, the management team and the Board of Directors.
- Composed weekly, monthly and quarterly board reports.
- Worked with the CEO and board to develop and execute company strategy.
- Raised capital to support growth efforts resulting in the company being named to the Inc. 5,000 fastest-growing companies four times.
- Achieved a three-year growth rate that exceeded 100%.
- Developed controls to meet SOC guidelines, leading the organization through multiple audits.
- Led annual audits with no adjustments and made certain that the organization remains in strong fiscal health.
Chief Financial Officer
National Entertainment Network
- Managed and led a high-performing finance and accounting function for the private equity-backed business. Responsible for all elements of finance, accounting, capital raising, reporting, tax, treasury, audit, financial planning, and M&A. Also responsible for HR, IT and legal functions.
- Built three-statement operating models to support budgeting, rolling forecasts, and external fundraising efforts. Developed KPIs and led both the board and bank reporting.
- Served as a strategic partner to the CEO and private equity shareholders. Elected to serve as a full member of the board of directors.
- Refinanced the company's senior and subordinated debt, providing liquidity for shareholders.
- Identified and executed on opportunities for operational efficiencies. Doubled free cash flow within three years.
- Executed multiple acquisitions—from target identification to negotiation, execution, and integration. All the acquisitions were accretive and collectively contributed to company profitability.
Chief Financial Officer
Productive Data Solutions
- Built the finance and accounting team; redesigned the systems and processes to accelerate month-end-close, ensure accuracy, and to provide information and insight.
- Developed financial models for internal budgeting as well as for bank and board reporting. Built rolling forecasts and developed KPIs.
- Renegotiated bank financing during the 2008 financial crisis while the company was in the midst of a turnaround effort.
- Successfully executed the turnaround of the company which resulted in the company achieving its best performance compared to the prior ten years. Also increased profitability by an additional 30% within three years.
- Advised owners on a successful sale.
KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Advised a SaaS company on its successful sale to a multibillion-dollar public company.
- Executed capital markets-related transactions. Raised over $500 million in debt and equity capital on behalf of clients.
- Served as a strategic advisor to CEOs and CFOs of clients firms. Evaluated financing alternatives to support growth, acquisition, and working capital needs.
- Developed and distributed industry-specific newsletters to clients and prospects in the technology, business services, and business process outsourcing industries.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in General Management
Stanford University - Stanford, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Harvard University - Cambridge, MA
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
State of Colorado