Denver, CO, United States
Member since July 24, 2017
A Harvard grad with an MBA from Stanford, Peter's served as the CFO of three successful companies, led several acquisitions, obtained growth capital, led recapitalization efforts, and led a successful exit for the shareholders. He's also raised $500 million+ for clients as a VP at KeyBanc Capital Markets, a commercial and investment bank. Peter enjoys freelancing to help clients with capital raising, M&A, FP&A, and various CFO-related functions.
- CFO2018 - PRESENTBridgeHealth
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, CFO, Cash Flow, Three Statement Operating Model
- Lead all elements of finance and accounting.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly Board reporting.
- Raise capital as needed to support growth efforts.
- Ensure that the organization remains in strong fiscal health.
- Ensure that all financial records and systems are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Chief Financial Officer2012 - 2018National Entertainment Network
Focus areas: Finance Strategy, Financial Accounting, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Reporting, Budgeting, CFO, Bank Debt Raises
- Managed and led a high-performing finance and accounting function for the private equity-backed business. Responsible for all elements of finance, accounting, capital raising, reporting, tax, treasury, audit, financial planning, and M&A. Also responsible for HR, IT and legal functions.
- Built three-statement operating models to support budgeting, rolling forecasts, and external fundraising efforts. Developed KPIs and led both the board and bank reporting.
- Served as a strategic partner to the CEO and private equity shareholders. Elected to serve as a full member of the board of directors.
- Refinanced the company's senior and subordinated debt, providing liquidity for shareholders.
- Identified and executed on opportunities for operational efficiencies. Doubled free cash flow within three years.
- Executed multiple acquisitions—from target identification to negotiation, execution, and integration. All the acquisitions were accretive and collectively contributed to company profitability.
- Chief Financial Officer2008 - 2012Productive Data Solutions
Focus areas: Financial Systems, Financial Strategy, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Accounting, Budgeting, CFO, P&L Forecasting, Cash Flow Modeling, Bank Debt Raises
- Built the finance and accounting team; redesigned the systems and processes to accelerate month-end-close, ensure accuracy, and to provide information and insight.
- Developed financial models for internal budgeting as well as for bank and board reporting. Built rolling forecasts and developed KPIs.
- Renegotiated bank financing during the 2008 financial crisis while the company was in the midst of a turnaround effort.
- Successfully executed the turnaround of the company which resulted in the company achieving its best performance compared to the prior ten years. Also increased profitability by an additional 30% within three years.
- Advised owners on a successful sale.
- Vice President2004 - 2008KeyBanc Capital Markets
Focus areas: Bank Debt Raises, Equity Financing, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Advised a SaaS company on its successful sale to a multibillion-dollar public company.
- Executed capital markets-related transactions. Raised over $500 million in debt and equity capital on behalf of clients.
- Served as a strategic advisor to CEOs and CFOs of clients firms. Evaluated financing alternatives to support growth, acquisition, and working capital needs.
- Developed and distributed industry-specific newsletters to clients and prospects in the technology, business services, and business process outsourcing industries.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in General Management1996 - 1998Stanford University - Stanford, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Economics1987 - 1991Harvard University - Cambridge, MA
- CPAFEBRUARY 2013 - PRESENTState of Colorado