Verified Expert in Finance
Peter is an investment executive with global experience across HFs, PE, and family offices, including Apollo Global, JGM Capital, EOS Global, Longacre, and CDV. He launched and managed two HFs, which invested across the capital structure, including an innovative US fund with a hybrid strategy and one of Brazil’s first international funds. Peter headed the financial team that grew a portfolio company into one of LATAM’s largest renewable energy entities through a multi-billion-dollar investment.
Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager
JGM Capital Management
- Innovated a hybrid strategy that merged technical derivative analysis with fundamental company analysis to create asymmetric and uncorrelated returns. Unconstrained strategy returned 15% with a Sharpe ratio of 350% of the S&P 500.
- Invested across the capital structure in the US, Europe, and LATAM.
- Engineered proprietary analytical and database tools that radically improved the fundamental screening hit ratio, which was critical to JGM’s success (trades had a 90% ITD success rate).
- Recruited and supervised computer programmers to develop data projects, including reconstructing widely used credit derivative valuation models after identifying a design flaw.
- Raised 98% of the fund’s initial capital and led fundraising efforts.
Portfolio Manager and Head of Research
EOS Global Fund
- Partnered with a multi-family office to launch a global hedge fund that was one of Brazil’s first international funds.
- Directed a fundamental long/short and event-driven portfolio, which invested primarily across the US and European markets.
- Saw performance exceed the market by 1,100 basis points (both long and short books were profitable).
- Hired a senior portfolio manager and supervised five analysts across various functions.
- Raised 90% of the fund’s initial capital and spearheaded additional fundraising efforts.
Vice President of Investments and Independent Advisor
CDV (Family Office)
- Oversaw all financial and investment analysis and reported directly to the CEO and chairman.
- Overhauled the investment process, risk management, and boosted the group’s financial sophistication, which eliminated the need for outsourcing detailed analysis to investment banks.
- Engineered large financial models and innovated new screening methodologies that yielded better results and increased efficiency across the financial and engineering departments.
- Managed the financial team, including investment banks that grew an operating company into one of LATAM’s largest renewable energy entities through a multi-billion-dollar investment expansion.
- Strategized potential options for monetizing a 15GW pipeline of renewable energy projects.
Longacre Fund Management
- Spearheaded the fund’s global investment activities across the industrial and materials sectors.
- Targeted long/short and event-driven investments across the capital structure.
- Oversaw diligence of investment opportunities and presentations to the investment committee.
- Managed the largest number of investments in the firm’s $2.0 billion portfolio.
- Negotiated restructurings and credit agreement amendments with private equity funds and investment banks.
- Headed the firm’s backstop of a $1.0 billion equity rights offering for a company exiting bankruptcy.
- Orchestrated the firm’s investment proposal on DRYS at the 2011 Value Investing Congress.
- Analyzed new investment opportunities through detailed financial modeling, channel checks, and calls with management teams, accountants, lawyers, and consultants.
- Monitored 50 portfolio companies ($1.0 billion notional) and assessed whether any changes needed to be made based on idiosyncratic and market developments.
- Restructured five portfolio companies and negotiated credit agreement amendments with investment banks and private equity funds.
- Selected to be the sole analyst on the fund’s direct lending, solution capital, and distressed effort and executed $100 million of originated investments.
- Constructed the firm’s financial model template and taught financial modeling to new analysts.
Russell Investment Group
- Engineered and managed a database of investment strategies for the launch of a new fund.
- Formulated a proposal for an emerging market fund and interviewed investment managers.
- Won the investment contest with a detailed analysis of Raytheon.
- Investigated corporate credit and equity investment opportunities in the US.
- Analyzed investment portfolios and presented restructuring and streamlining recommendations to the senior portfolio manager.
- Developed fundraising proposals for new investment funds.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Harvard University - Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Central Registration Depository (CRD)