Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Peter has led complex and critical programs for well-known companies, such as DuPont, Kaiser, J&J, and Vanguard. Given his broad business background in strategy realization and business transformation, freelancing enables him to help his clients find the best way to improve their business. After nearly 20 years of working for large firms, Peter has gone back to freelancing to focus his expertise on meaningful projects.
Financial Transformation | Business Service Organization
- Oversaw the renegotiation of a $300 million portfolio in preparation for a 3-way spinoff of a global organization.
- Aligned the efforts of two consulting firms and internal resources across three business lines as part of this project.
- Aligned the transition strategy to contract terms to ensure no business disruption as part of this process.
VP IT Finance
- Reduced the annual technology plan by $60 million and improved service delivery in all categories while minimizing finance staffing requirements by 64%.
- Developed and implemented a global business demand model that linked expenses to the line of business consumption. This improved client satisfaction and allowed business-driven investment while still controlling costs.
- Aligned the tech portfolio investment and balance sheet with the growth and AOI target strategies. Wrote off a number of under-utilized investments and cleaned the balance sheet to improve go-forward business profitability.
- Implemented a vendor management office strategy to improve the business goals' investment value alignment. Renegotiated major vendor contracts and reduced spending in all categories. Microsoft's spend alone accounted for $5 million in annual savings.
- Led the Aramark Intranet replatforming and coordinated the rebranding strategy effort for this global initiative. This improved the effectiveness of Aramark's global operation, impacting over 66,000 employees.
- Spearheaded the risk remediation solution team, where we developed and deployed process improvements based on client audits for the Mid-Atlantic region. Served as a change and training lead for this solution set for the Eastern United States.
- Led the program and change management efforts for major clients, acting as the PPM practice training lead for the US. This practice focused on a large and complex project and program delivery.
- Established the program office for the 7-year transformation program, reporting to the global COO and CEO. Coordinated the development of the implementation and communication approach for 64 global initiatives affecting all EY entities.
- Led the implementation of the NERC compliance program for a major US energy utility. This effort evaluated the physical and technical security of the grid, leveraging NIST and ISO components. The key focus was security and continuity of service.
- Led the program for cyber security to evaluate and refresh operating procedures for a major US utility. Based on NIST, all aspects of the organization were evaluated and control owner roles were clarified. Included DR as part of PRIP 9.
- Implemented a CMO (cyber management office) for the CISO at Symantec. This was a program management office for all cyber initiatives. Served as lead on GDPR and Zero Trust projects.
- Acted as a program manager for the separation of BearingPoint from KPMG.
- Established the corporate governance programs and controls, including the first cycle of Sarbanes-Oxley reporting.
- Served as chief procurement executive responsible for $1.2 billion of total spend, including $600 million in contingent labor. Implemented a strategic sourcing program and supply chain finance process.
- Conducted reviews of 600+ US Government contracts to ensure compliance with the FAR.
Perot Systems (UBS)
- Acted as a program manager for the outsourcing of UBS services. Led the Paine Webber acquisition integration, a $10.8 billion deal with 385 global offices.
- Led the operational migration from NYC and project management for the trading floor build in Stamford, CT.
- Advised on building the One North Wacker in Chicago and migrating operations from the Chicago Board of Trade.
- Provided support for Cantor Fitzgerald, Lehman Brothers, and Greenwich Capital Group in the wake of 9/11.
- Provided technology support services for international trading operations. Included help desk, business continuity, and disaster recovery programs for trading floor operations in Tokyo, London, New York, and Chicago.
- Delivered business continuity support for Cantor Fitzgerald, Lehman Brothers, and Greenwich Capital in post 9/11 New York City.
- Held minority ownership of this Philadelphia-based Oracle consultancy. Served as an account executive and program manager for key accounts.
- Managed development and sales while being in charge of over $10 million in sales, which translated into favorable pricing as part of a private equity acquisition.
- Led the implementation of the Oracle application for multiple clients as a project manager and spoke at Oracle and OAUG conferences. Received Oracle's recognition for implementing one of the first 11i installs.
- Implemented Oracle inventory and procurement for Time Warner's WEA Manufacturing division. Eliminated over one million square feet of warehouse and production space while increasing efficiency through lean concepts.
- Developed hosted Oracle application services and data center support for major clients. This included disaster recovery programs and backup alternatives. Major clients included Keystone Foods (the primary chicken provider for Mcdonald's).
- Served as a transition and operations manager for the Consumer Asset Management Division of EDS.
- Oversaw the receivables management process and led the development of receivable management systems.
- Implemented multiple IT outsourcing and business process outsourcing (BPO) programs as a transition manager. Assisted over 20 client institutions in a BPO environment. The largest clients were NatWest and the Resolution Trust Corporation.
- Implemented disaster recovery and business continuity plans for 26 major financial services clients. This included all aspects of asset management from originations, doc prep, closing, payments, customer service, collections, and securitization.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Neumann University - Aston, PA, USA
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
The Institute of Internal Auditors
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)