- Led the accounting and contracts departments for the supplier of cyber solutions to the US government.
- Obtained over $6 million in paycheck protection program funding and developed employee stock ownership and long-term incentive plans to reduce employee churn.
- Developed a plan to diversify the company into the commercial sector, leveraging intellectual property designed for the US government.
- Reviewed the R&D tax credit policy and software solutions accounting practices, resulting in an operating margin increase of several percentage points.
- Conducted product line cost analysis and proposed a restructuring plan, eliminating operating losses of $1.2 million.
- Reduced the audit of US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) from 10 to 3 months.
- Increased the reporting system accuracy, resulting in a 10% EBIT margin boost.
Focus areas: Federal Acquisition Requirements (FAR), Contract, US GAAP, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Excel 365, Deltek, Risk, Tableau, DCF Valuation, Complex Problem Solving, Bank Covenants, Crisis Management, Budgeting, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Audits, Securities Regulation, DCF Modeling, Latin Hypercube, Simulations, Securities, Regulatory Documentation, SEC Filing, M&A (Buy-side), M&A (Sell-side), CFO, Controls, Policies & Procedures Compliance, Financial Reporting, Negotiation, Management, Accounting, Mentorship & Coaching, Prioritizing, M&A Modeling, Statistics, Probability Theory, Control & Cost Analysis, Grant Accounting, Government Contracting, Financial Investment Structuring, Private Placements, Reg D Private Placements, Securities Documentation, Fractional CFO, Interim CFO, Financial Modeling, Forecasting, Business Models, Revenue & Expense Projections, Strategy, Modeling, Capital, Pitch Decks, Credit/Debt, Finance, Business Loans, Debt Financing, SME/SMB Financing, Valuation, Three-statement Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Fundraising Strategy, Due Diligence, Cash Flow Forecasting, Cash Flow, Controller