Verified Expert in Finance
Pierre is a corporate finance, PE, and FP&A expert with extensive experience in complex financial modeling, translating entrepreneurs' ideas into robust business plans, and leading in-depth financial due diligence. He has specialized in the SaaS industry since 2019 and has contributed to over 60 transactions across Europe, Australia, and the US—mainly in the retail, SaaS, and technology spaces. Pierre helps entrepreneurs, CEOs, and CFOs make investment decisions through sound data analysis.
P&L Financial Due Diligence Model
Partner, SaaS Investment and M&A Transaction Services
- Ran a full M&A process for a $5 million ARR SaaS business in France. Built all financial reports and analyses for the process, sourced potential buyers, assisted in negotiating and reviewing LOIs, and handled financial due diligence advisors.
- Built the full forecast financial model for a healthcare insurance startup which subsequently raised more than $12 million.
- Authored the top one most visited channel for my Excel models and best practices on Eloquens.com with over 1,300 users. Models include price-volume mix analysis, inventory tracking, financial due diligence analysis, forecast, and cap table.
- Sourced and executed SaaS deals, serving as an M&A and Investment director at HoriZen Capital, investing in companies generating between $500,000 and $5 million in revenue.
- Managed relationships with target company CEOs, conducted financial analysis, built model valuation, and advised on negotiations and deal structuring.
- Worked on a discounted cash flow valuation model for a solar panel company looking to raise a seed round of several million dollars.
- Advised and built business plans for different entrepreneurs in the SaaS industry, well-being industry, online fashion, and for an intrapreneur in the healthcare insurance industry looking to raise $12 million in funding.
- Built a multiple rounds cap table model for a SaaS startup looking to raise a seed round and a series A of several million dollars. The model included SAFE conversion, management option pool creation, and the possibility for multiple rounds.
- Built a full financial model for a client looking to launch an investment firm. Created financial projections with several sources of revenue and different revenue options (funds management fee vs. brokerage fee).
Technical Writer (Alternative Investments/Writing)
American Estate & Trust Inc.
- Wrote a series of technical and SEO-optimized articles on self-directed IRA.
- Researched and built informative materials around self-directed IRA and finance-related topics.
- Delivered relevant content tailored to the specific audience of the company.
Senior Consultant M&A Transaction Services
- Built a broad range of Excel models including modeling of proforma accounts, carve-out, DSO-DPO-DIO, price volume mix, advanced churn, organic and inorganic growth analysis, pipeline, and backlog analysis.
- Conducted comprehensive commercial and financial analysis of target companies to present a normalized view of EBITDA (QofE) net debt and net working capital, focusing on identifying unusual items, changes in accounting, changes in perimeters, any significant change in the business landscape and policies or abnormal levels of inventory, account receivables, and account payables.
- Conducted analyses on profitability drivers and margin sensitivity, assessed the impact of new strategies, developed budgeting processes, and delivered monthly and yearly variance analysis.
- Built historical three-statement financials and detailed forecasts based on trial balance-level detail.
- Conducted interviews of top management and finance professionals to retrieve information to assess the financial and operating health of target companies.
- Managed cross-cultural and cross-department teams, liaising with legal, data analytics, and corporate finance teams.
- Built a full three-way forecast model to assess profitability and cash generation of a fresh orange juice vending machine business which allowed the charity to raise funds for the company which now operates around 40 vending machines in the Sydney area.
- Built from the ground up a full teaser and Information memorandum including break-even analysis, market research, cash flow projection, and presentation of strengths of the business.
- Advised the company's CEO and board of directors and modeled different negotiation strategies and capital structures to raise funds from private investors (with a mix of debt and equity).
- Conducted market research on food-related technologies to help the board assess the potential of new projects in the pipeline.
- Managed the relationships with lawyers to structure the fundraising from a legal perspective.
Isatis Capital (formerly BNPP Private Equity)
- Built a wide range of Excel models including capital raise mechanism, complex cap table and value distribution, multi-scenarios LBO structures, and complex exit proceeds schemes.
- Assisted investment directors in negotiations and deal execution, liaising with lawyers, due diligence teams, and target company CEOs. Target companies were profitable companies generating between $10 to $70 million in revenue.
- Executed extensive market searches and competitive landscape anlayisis to assess the potential of investment targets in industries such as food delivery, manufacturing, onsite marketing, datacenter, and development technologies.
- Authored an investment memorandum including market overview, comparable analyses, profitability assessment, development strategy, valuation, and recommendations for next steps that we presented to the internal investment committee.
- Managed relationships with CEOs of target companies, leading Q&A, and onsite visits.
MBA in Finance and Business Administration
Essec Business School - Cergy
Autorité des Marchés Financiers (Financial Market Authority)
Full-stack Data Science
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring