Verified Expert in Finance
Prateek is a financial analyst with almost a decade of experience in financial modelling. He worked for Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services, and provided portfolio management support to top asset management companies (Cians) and to C-Level executives in analytics firms (Intelenet Global Services). He freelances to support clients in value maximization through analytics, business intelligence and financial forecasting.
- Built complex financial models for companies from detailed data sets to help in sensitivity analyses, return analyses, business valuation, target screening, cost allocation, and risk assessment.
- Worked with HK Commercial Company, helping them to put in place a KPI regime, and a monitoring and evaluation mechanism for an airport facility management contract which they won. Also played an instrumental role in setting up a robust reporting mechanism for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Facilitated customer support outsourcing clients in their bid to acquire a multi-million dollar contract with one of the top banking institutions in India. Helped them develop a clear line of sight across the moving parts of the target business and a performance innovation methodology aimed at transforming the customer support operations of the potential client.
- Worked with a top Dubai-based construction company as part of a project to set up an ITSS center. Utilizing the experience gathered, we set up support technologies around core applications like project management, estimations, document management., ERP solutions, and scale management, to help our client boost productivity.
- Developing and testing financial forecasting models to support evidence-based decision making and workforce analytics for HR transformation projects worth over $100 million across Europe, India, and the Americas.
- Participated in transaction advisory support for projects totaling over $1 billion for companies in real estate, customer experiential marketing, and technology, playing a key role in discounted cash flow (DCF) modeling and analysis.
- Helping companies in project monitoring and evaluation and smart decision making by providing data-driven insights into key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Worked with the London global office of GIC, a renowned long-term investor with assets totaling over US$100 billion spread in more than 40 countries worldwide, to help them acquire a minority stake in an exchange-listed company. This involved formulation and assessment of complex investment models touching on the investment size, quality of alternatives, commitment, and exit and stay decisions.
- Developed detailed financial analysis models including comparable company analysis models (comps) to help in business due diligence and assessing potential investment opportunities.
- Collaborated with portfolio and asset managers in conducting the assessment and ultimately acquiring a minority stake in the $47 billion British American Tobacco - Reynolds American Inc. deal, one of the biggest in the tobacco industry. The investment models we developed included financial forecasting for subsidiaries.
- Used VBA Excel to automate models, writing macros that went a long way in minimizing errors and simplifying and cleaning up the user interface (UI) making human interactions and interfacing easier.
- Guided a team of 7 employees through complex business intelligence and analysis projects, checking every quality metric for compliance and ensuring clients get a clean analytical report as envisioned.
- Trained new employees in financial modeling and valuations including basic and advanced knowledge in database queries and research on some of the top platforms like StreetEvents, Thomson ONE, and Bloomberg.
Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services
- Built and updated complex, error-free financial forecast models with defined revenue and cost driver assumptions for US, Europe, and Japan-based companies via 10K, 10Q, 8K company filing data reports.
- Carried out earnings sensitivity analysis to help our portfolio of clients examine the responsiveness of their bottom-lines to fluctuations in sales levels.
- Performed both DCF-based and relative valuations and provided independent valuation opinions to help companies decide on whether to carry on with projects or abandon them.
- Collected and summarized news items and provided detailed, value-adding analyses of their impact to clients’ shareholdings and other asset stocks through tables, charts and databases.
- Designed financial dashboards including cash management dashboards, profit and loss dashboards, financial KPI dashboards, and financial performance dashboards using historical data. Made periodical comparisons and peer reviews to help asses effectiveness in cash management, KPI performance, and expenses management.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
EMPI Business School - New Delhi, India
Bachelor's Degree in Molecular Biology
University of Rajasthan - Jaipur, India