Verified Expert in Finance
Prateek is an entrepreneur and finance expert who has completed over $1.2 billion in healthcare PE and M&A transactions working with Allegro Capital, a healthcare-focused investment bank. As a VC professional with Alkemi Growth Capital, he has originated, assessed 40+ investment opportunities, and executed four investments in early-stage healthcare companies. He is a chartered accountant with an MBA in finance.
Valuation Analysis of a $1 Billion Hospital Network in India
Founder and CEO
- Ideated, conceptualized, and launched a platform for education, counselling, and the facilitation of elective surgeries in Kolkata, India.
- Built and managed the entire backend network of surgeons, hospitals, and care providers for end-to-end management of the patient lifecycle.
- Researched the competitive environment within the Indian delivery market covering 10+ hospital chains, 20+ healthcare marketing and facilitation platforms, analyzing value proposition, business model, fundraising strategy, and financial performance.
- Defined and executed company strategy, modeled financial case and budget, and built management information system for the business.
Alkemi Venture Partners LLP
- Assessed around 40 investment opportunities across healthcare financing, medical devices, analytics, fitness, IoT, FMCG, and digital health.
- Originated, evaluated, and executed a $4 million investment in prescription data digitization technology, working with around 5,000 doctors.
- Established finance function, instituted MIS reporting, provided fundraising support, and explored business expansion opportunities for a health foods company and an IVF facilitation platform, collaborating closely with founding teams.
- Led the entire cycle of origination, research, diligence, and execution for a $5 million Series A investment in a unique integrated POCT device company.
- Instituted a value-creation playbook for portfolio companies, including processes for strategic, operational, and fundraising support.
Mirae Asset Capital Markets India Private Limited
- Led the establishment of a healthcare investment practice in a $500 million private equity fund investing in late-stage equity and debt opportunities.
- Sourced, assessed, appraised, structured, and led Investment Committee meetings for three transactions worth $150 million in the healthcare delivery space.
- Co-led a 4-member investment team responsible for preparing transaction collaterals.
Allegro Capital Private Limited
- Led financial modeling, valuation, due diligence, and stock exchange reporting of a $1 billion demerger and merger of India's second-largest hospital network.
- Built a fund-level investment thesis for an $80 million healthcare-focused fund. Led a $30 million investment in a high-end genetic testing company.
- Oversaw a $171 million investment by Singapore's Sovereign Fund in India's fourth-largest healthcare delivery chain.
- Carried out due diligence of a $120 million acquisition of India's third-largest medical diagnostic chain, South India's largest.
- Structured a secondary buyout of a 71% stake in the largest hospital in Cayman Island from Ascension Capital.
- Completed a $4 million fundraiser for revenue, pricing management software as a service (SaaS) company catering to the hospitality industry.
Private Equity Intern
Clearwater Capital Partners India Private Limited
- Constructed financial model for evaluating $200 million worth Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds issued by listed an Indian power generation and distribution company.
- Created a framework to study competition among 30 private equity real estate firms in the residential real estate segment across eight parameters.
- Scouted secondary investment opportunities in 68 non convertible debentures worth 1.8 billion issued by real estate firms listed on the wholesale debt market of the National Stock Exchange of India.
Master's Degree (MBA) in Business Administration
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Strategic Finance
EDHEC - Lille, France
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Finance
St. Xaviers College - Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Chartered Accountant (CA)
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring