Verified Expert in Finance
Pratik has 14 years of experience in accounting, tax, corporate finance, M&A, due diligence, entrepreneurship, and pre-investment appraisals for corporate M&As, and private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) transactions. As an associate VP, he executed advisory assignments for some of the largest corporates, PE, and VC houses across sectors. Pratik advised on more than 50 domestic and global transactions with deal sizes up to several billion US dollars.
Key Operational Metrics to Constantly Evaluate eCommerce Business
DCF of 200 MW Hydro Power Assets for a Private Equity Acquisition
Corporate Development, M&A, and FP&A Consultant
- Collaborated with the key management on the M&A initiatives, which included conducting due diligence, valuation, drafting IOIs, LOIs, and other pre-acquisition documents. Evaluated close to 15 deals in the past three months, with four in the LOI.
- Set up the FP&A function with the key management, including drawing up budgets and creating dashboards for recurring performance review against budgets.
- Contributed to the post-acquisition integration office, which is being set up with a high volume of pipeline deals.
Rutugo | Tripomatic Travel Solutions
- Acted as an entrepreneur in the tourism and tourism technology industry, focusing on business development, products, operations management, finance, accounting, customer service excellence, and human resources.
- Built a unique online travel technology platform for users to plan, create, book, and manage their holidays quickly and cost-effectively, which represented a challenge for a person with a non-technical background.
- Contributed to the validation and soft launch of the product.
Initiate Financial Advisors LLP
- Managed the consulting practice independently as a partner.
- Ran M&A, PE, and corporate finance mandates aggregating up to $500 million in renewables, pharmacy, and real estate.
- Built a successful retainer and fee-based client portfolio over the past couple of years.
Co-founder and COO
- Managed business development, products, operations, finance, accounting, customer service excellence, and human resources as an entrepreneur in the tourism and tourism technology industry.
- Grew business from 0.5 million EUR to 2.0 million EUR in the FY 2017, including inorganic growth of a 49% backward integration of a European travel company. Managed operations and P&L of both the Indian and European entities.
- Increased the genuine customer reviews to 150 on reputed platforms like Google with a consistent rating of 4.8 out of 5; expanded the team from 5 to 20 members.
Associate Vice President
- Awarded EY's Individual Excellence Award for exceptional client management and solid technical skills twice in two and half years.
- Built a strong network with the domestic PE, VC, and corporate houses. Received support from this network in all my endeavors.
- Promoted to an associate VP and engagement manager in a short span of four years; started as an associate that followed by two promotions on fast track every two years.
- Led the advisory teams on more than ten engagements and worked on more than 25 domestic and international transactions.
- Evaluated an ASX-listed iron ore mine enterprise with a value of USD 600 million. As a result, our clients negotiated USD 100 million of the valuation (lowered by 20%). Awarded Deloitte Star of the quarter for this very first engagement.
- Awarded my first promotion in the record time of eighteen months.
- Assisted in a range of merger deals between metals, mining, technology, consumer business, and healthcare industry clients and some of the largest corporate houses in India.
- Acted as a trainee analyst in the high-performing teams of the Assurance and Business Advisory Services.
- Completed the Chartered Accountancy course and awarded the Bachelor's Degree in Commerce with distinction scores while working full-time at PwC.
- Assisted in accounting, regulatory compliances and international taxation, which led to building a career in M&A.
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce
Osmania University - Hyderabad, India
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring