Verified Expert in Finance
Puneet has been CFO of public, middle-market private equity-backed companies, and startups. He has extensive experience working with founders, boards of directors, external partners, and finance teams to grow revenues and profit organically, through M&A, debt, and equity financing.
Strategy and Financial Consultant
Everest Growth Partners
- Designed a new business unit for a health insurance firm with an annual budget of over $10 million.
- Led the private markets debt and equity financing for a medical device startup, successfully closing multi-million dollar financing rounds.
- Led the creation of the M&A function, investment committee structure, opportunity evaluation process, and due diligence checklist for a publicly traded medical devices company.
- Launched data and analytics products to provide competitive pricing intelligence to health insurers and healthcare providers.
- Managed companies' portfolios with revenue ranging from $10 to $200 million.
- Built financial models and conducted acquisition due diligence.
- Developed and reported KPIs using automated systems such as Oracle, Power BI, etc.
- Handled public reporting, including accounting audits and investor presentations.
- Developed a three-year strategic plan to increase revenue, profit, and return on investment for each of the company's business units, product lines, and functional areas.
- Developed reporting and control systems to meet requirements from the board of directors, lending group, management team, and auditor.
- Led accounting, finance, tax, and treasury teams through a review of goals, objectives, work planning, and process improvement initiatives in support of company objectives.
- Led the evaluation of potential internal capital expenditure investments as well as potential external partnership and acquisition investments.
- Led strategic sale transactions of three divisions to Fortune 500 buyers in pharmaceutical, health information services, and life sciences industries.
- Developed a strategic plan and financial forecasting model in support of a $10 million investment to form an internal data and analytics operating group.
- Developed an investment case for a $5 million corporate investment in external private equity fund.
- Developed a strategic operating plan for a global innovation program, including innovation learning and development initiatives, rewards and incentives for entrepreneurship, and internal investments in new ventures.
- Helped external startups develop fundraising plans for angel and Series A financing of up to $1 million.
- Led the creation of a new internal governance committee to oversee global business process improvement and transformation as well as innovation initiatives in R&D, marketing, sales, and business development.
Vice President of Strategy and Operations
- Developed a financial model for venture capital fundraising of a $20 million Series A to support pivotal clinical trial of a drug-device combination product.
- Developed an internal budgeting process to enable the leadership team to control cash flow during the development phase of lead product candidates.
- Supported the creation of a product development strategy to prioritize resources toward markets with the largest profit potential in Europe, Asia, and the United States.
- Supported negotiations of research and development partnerships with drug suppliers and significant vendors to align incentives for accelerated product launch.
- Managed accounts receivable and accounts payable to increase cash conversion of business and support financing of product development program.
- Built financial models for interest rate derivatives to enable Fortune 500 clients in consumer products, industrials, and municipals sectors to manage interest rate and credit risks.
- Built financial models for cash flow credit analysis for PE-backed leveraged buyouts of companies in media, utilities, and energy sectors.
- Built financial models for M&A valuations for clients in the healthcare industry.
- Ran the process for capital raising for high-yield debt and leveraged loans for private equity firms seeking to finance acquisition of companies in media, utilities, and energy sectors.
- Developed an eCommerce platform to educate and facilitate transactions with municipal clients seeking to mitigate interest rate risks within tax-exempt bond and loan portfolios.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in General Management
Harvard University - Boston, MA
Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Economics
Duke University - Durham, NC
Certificate in Finance
London School of Economics and Political Science - London, UK