Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Raghav is a management consultant specializing in SaaS/platform strategy, technology operating models, GTM strategy, organizational design, design thinking, customer research, lead generation, pitch decks, email marketing, and product management. He's worked with Deloitte and Panasonic during his 7-year long consulting stint, where he served Dell, VMware, Salesforce, Anthem, and FICO. Raghav has an MBA, a Master's in Biology, and a Bachelor's in Engineering from top-ranked Indian universities.
Launching an Online Course on Blockchain for a Large Edtech Firm
Driving Adoption of AI Technologies in the $7 Billion Sales Organization of a Big Four Company
Defining the Persona of Indian Crypto Investors for Creating a YouTube Campaign
GTM Consultant – Generative AI, Startups
- Developed a comprehensive generative AI market assessment study for AWS (APAC) covering top use cases, VC investment trends, market sizing and growth projections, cloud service provider trends, innovation, and potential startup partners for AWS.
- Created an in-depth digital maturity and cloud adoption assessment of APAC SMBs by surveying and selectively interviewing over 1,200 SMB businesses in APAC. Recommended marketing, sales, and partnership strategies to target this audience.
- Identified 20 generative AI startups suitable for AWS acquisition. Evaluated startups based on financial metrics (funding, TAM, growth projections) and non-financial factors (technology synergies, innovative technology, access to strategic data).
Private Equity Firm (Healthcare Focused)
- Identified Top 20 acquisition targets from healthtech startups and federal contract-focused technology providers. Selection criteria included relevance to federal health agencies, growth potential, AI/advanced tech use, and strategic data access.
- Prepared a report on "AI-startups for US Federal Health agencies" covering the health-tech startup ecosystem, federal health agencies' technology investment interests, technology and business model innovation, investment landscape, etc.
- Created a market assessment report covering the latest business and pricing models, GTM and customer acquisition strategies, and partnerships that are winning and expected to win in the next five years in the Medicare and Medicaid markets.
Several SaaS Startups
- Designed the organic marketing strategy, defined the right marketing funnel, identified keywords and topics, developed a backlinking strategy, and recommended channels for the blog. The client was a founder of a German seed-funded SaaS startup.
- Helped the head of marketing at a series-A funded edtech company optimize content marketing efforts: keyword targeting, SEM and Instagram ad copies, email marketing, etc. The company unlocked 3x better ROI from organic marketing within two months.
- Developed the platform pricing model and financial forecast model for a B2B fintech platform (25 FTEs).
Strategy Consulting Lead
Global Financial Services Company
- Built a target operating model (TOM) covering SaaS KPIs at corporate and BU levels, an operating model for the product, direct sales, partner enablement, and CX organizations, and a three-year transformation roadmap based on the SaaS vision.
- Developed future state customer personas, customer journeys, customer service delivery models, and direct and partner-driven sales models that would enable the company to profitably meet customer expectations in a SaaS environment.
- Conducted 25+ detailed interviews, focus group meetings, and workshops with the firm's leaders and developed a firm-internal POV on the current state of operations, the desired state, and the immediate challenges on the path to the future SaaS state.
- Defined target state KPIs, customer journeys, and the transformation roadmap to help the company's customer service org transform itself to meet the requirements of its future state SaaS operating model.
Global Freelance Agency
- Developed a commercialization strategy for the IT captive (20,000+ FTEs) of a Fortune 50 insurance company; covered E2E capabilities, from target account identification, lead generation, and sales deck preparation to delivery readiness assessment.
- Helped a $50 billion health insurance firm redesign its claims repricing process and set up a PMO function to enable the firm to streamline its network discounting process. These processes are critical to a health insurance firm's sales success.
- Managed the entire commercialization team from India for the IT captive (20,000+ FTEs) of a Fortune 50 insurance company. Took ownership of all RFP/proposal submissions and program management of all downstream workstreams.
- Designed the CRM and sales enablement strategy for a boutique strategy consulting firm working with US healthcare insurance clients. The firm is revising its sales processes based on the recommendations.
- Worked with customer service leaders at an ITO service provider (when it was revamping its GTM process) to define the new customer touchpoints, customer service processes, KPIs, and call center and service desk software requirements.
Business and GTM Strategy Management Consultant
- Led a data science team to create a sales intelligence platform. Leveraging insights from 18,000 accounts, it was adopted by 60% of sales executives at Deloitte, helping the firm identify a qualified deal total pipeline worth $250 million/year.
- Helped a large UK tech firm migrate its entire OTC stack to the cloud, a $200M+ deal for Deloitte. Served in an eight-member central PMO team that coordinated 350+ stakeholders across Deloitte, EY, PwC, HPE, and the client to execute the migration.
- Identified target accounts, gathered sales intelligence, crafted proposals, and implemented a data-sharing platform to help grow Deloitte's partnership with a global tech firm to over $300 million. Received the Top Performer award.
- Identified use cases for adopting AI technologies as part of the $200 million investment to make the firm's GTM organization more data-driven. Identified eight use cases, each unlocking over $300 million in value, and made business plans for each.
- Developed AI technology use cases in two industries, consumer and energy. The use cases became part of the AI dossier, a foundational eminence released in 2021 by Deloitte's newly formed $1.5B AI transformation market offering.
- Spearheaded the research efforts for developing a Deloitte eminence titled "Impact of SaaS Transformation on IT Operating Model." The eminence was authored by Deloitte's head of a $2 billion business strategy practice.
- Managed another data science team to create a proof of concept for an ML-powered demand-sensing platform. It was an ambitious project that required effective marketing, sales, and alliance organizations to share their data and insights.
- Worked with a senior customer success strategy partner to create the white paper "Use of AI in Next-generation Contact Center." The white paper covered multiple industries' latest contact center trends and AI use cases.
Software Engineer and Project Manager
- Played a key role in developing the team from a ten-member QA unit to a 25-member developer and QA team, managing critical workstreams through efficient software delivery and proactive feature ownership.
- Received two best performer awards in 2014 and 2015 for my success in Scrum master and software developer roles.
- Led a team of three associates to establish reasons and suggest a resolution for my team's complaints around trust and recognition. Reported the findings to the director and played a key role in implementing changes to address the problems.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing and Strategy
Indian School of Business - Hyderabad, India
Master's Degree in Biology
Birla Institute of Technology and Science - Goa, India
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Birla Institute of Technology and Science - Goa, India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring