2019 - PRESENT
- Designed a multi-platform project management software application to assist property improvement pros to save time with their daily activities. With strategic partnerships, GC Reno has access to over 6,000 pros throughout Canada.
- Formed strategic partnerships with the national realtor association and a national remodeller pro network within the US. Rolled out the pilot program within selected metropolitan regions (Chicago, Raleigh, and Boston).
- Successfully raised pre-seed capital to support the startup's vision.
Focus areas: Real Estate, Contech, Startups, Financial Modeling, Revenue Management, Budgeting, Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Pricing Analysis, Financial Forecasting, Revenue & Expense Projections, Fundraising, Market Research, SME/SMB Financing, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis, Product Costing, Due Diligence, Cash Flow Modeling
Senior Finance Consultant
2019 - PRESENT
- Built a KPI dashboard and financial models for weekly and monthly institutional investor updates.
- Analyzed internal department processes and operations to provide insight to senior management to improve productivity, including migrating IT systems to the parent company and onboarding software applications to manage expense processing.
- Rebuilt the financial budget for internal management purposes.
Focus areas: System Implementation, Data Reporting, Team Development, Budgeting, Financial Reporting Dashboards, Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Forecasting, Interim CFO, Revenue & Expense Projections, Cash Flow Modeling
Investor, Board and Interim CFO
2018 - PRESENT
Sports IQ Analytics
- Built financial models to assess cashflow activity and customer contract values for operating and capital finance strategic purposes.
- Oversaw end to end the investor capital raise activity and successfully closed rounds.
- Operated as interim CFO to assist management on an as needed basis.
Focus areas: Interim CFO, Fundraising, Startups, Financial Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Forecasting, Revenue & Expense Projections, SME/SMB Financing, Due Diligence, Cash Flow Modeling
2018 - PRESENT
Dorel Industries (TSX: DII.A, DII.B)
- Spearheaded the implementation of new IFRS 16 standards.
- Designed and implemented IFRS 16 software training resources to be adopted by the Dorel finance department across the globe.
- Reviewed Dorel's leases, a $195 million line item as of Q1 2019, and their monthly and quarterly financial reporting impact.
Focus areas: Financial Reporting
2017 - PRESENT
- Assisted in the search for angel investor capital to launch operations and invested in the initial funding round.
- Consulted on the shareholder and fundraising agreements, as well as designed the capital structure for the angel investment and seed fundraising rounds.
- Led the debt finance raise to support growth initiatives.
- Built financial models for management guidance and to assist in external fundraising efforts, helping the organization manage and forecast its double-digit month-over-month growth.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Debt Raises, Equity Financing, Financial Modeling, Startups, eCommerce, Three Statement Operating Model, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Forecasting, Revenue & Expense Projections, Fundraising, SME/SMB Financing, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis, Product Costing, Due Diligence, Cash Flow Modeling
2015 - PRESENT
Product Design Group, Inc. (PDG)
- Restructured debt-financed capital to support the double-digit revenue growth initiatives.
- Guided the management to implement a financial dashboard in order to better highlight its financial performances for the board members and senior management.
- Led the negotiations with key vendors to control production costs which led to an average savings of 10%.
- Built a market landscape report for the sales management team to better quantify the organization's market position and market share.
- Updated 1,000+ SKU details in the ERP system to improve the accuracy of product descriptions and unit costs, helping to enhance both customer service billing accuracy as well as the resolution of customer inquiries.
- Built a pricing model to better account for foreign exchange volatility.
Focus areas: Strategic Planning, Strategic Planning & Execution, Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Pricing Analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Forecasting, Interim CFO, Revenue & Expense Projections, Fundraising, SME/SMB Financing, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis, Product Costing, Due Diligence, Cash Flow Modeling
2016 - 2016
- Wrote financial reports to integrate the financial information from a subsidiary with the parent company ERP system.
- Built a financial model for a five-year historical balance sheet and P&L variance analyses. The model adjusted for non-recurring and non-related business items to better reflect business operations.
- Advised the team on consumption tax differences between the US and Canadian markets.
Focus areas: Taxation, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Systems, Budgeting, Three Statement Operating Model, Pricing Analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Revenue & Expense Projections, SME/SMB Financing
2009 - 2016
Advanced Health Care Products, Inc.
- Designed financial models to analyze historical and projected financial positions.
- Identified trends and provided recommendations to maximize profitability.
- Presented investment decks to raise, restructure, and negotiate the financing for operational and growth purposes.
- Implemented currency exchange trading policies to hedge currency risks with international transactions.
- Built analytical tools to value and assess the viability of various initiatives, including reviews of domestic and international M&A, multi-divisional corporate restructurings as well as a review of the product portfolio.
- Designed and implemented pricing models for all product lines, which consisted of 1,000+ offerings.
- Managed market research initiatives intended to improve opportunity assessment and better position the organization over the long-term. These initiatives included the construction of a market and network landscape database, attainment of R&D tax incentives, and the establishment of local and regional product reimbursement programs.
Focus areas: Due Diligence, Valuation Modeling, Cost Management, Pricing Strategy, Strategic Planning & Execution, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Forecasting, Currency Exchange, Cash Flow Forecasting, Debt Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Capital Raising, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Three Statement Operating Model, Pricing Analysis, Interim CFO, Fundraising, Market Research, SME/SMB Financing, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis, Product Costing, Cash Flow Modeling
Auditor | Tax Analyst
2005 - 2009
- Conducted GAAP and IAS financial statement audit and review engagements in the real estate, retail, manufacturing, distribution, not-for-profit, healthcare, and software sectors.
- Developed statistical audit mandates for organizations that had received government subsidies and funding. The statistics were the non-financial covenants set with the respective government agency.
- Prepared personal and corporate tax returns.
Focus areas: Financial Reporting, Income Tax, Audits