Verified Expert in Finance
As a publishing equity analyst for UBS and FBR Capital Markets, Robert maintained comprehensive research on a coverage universe valued over $100 billion. He has also facilitated over $100 million of debt and equity capital raises. In freelancing, he leverages his creativity and his expertise in valuation, market analysis, and financial modeling to help clients navigate competitive markets and assess investments and finance for long-term success.
Equity Research Analyst
FBR & Co.
- Established a midstream/master-limited partnership research coverage from the ground up, including the sales team education and development of distribution network to institutional investors.
- Initiated and maintained research coverage across subsectors, including gathering and processing liquids transportation and storage, fuel distribution, and others.
- Conducted ad hoc thematic research such as basin-specific competitive analysis, macro valuation, and various scenario analyses.
- Maintained comprehensive research coverage on over 15 master limited partnerships with average market capitalizations of $3.75 billion.
- Established working relationships with executive management teams as well as significant institutional investor base.
- Covered a variety of companies, including Plains All American Pipeline (PAA), Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP), Westlake Chemical Partners (WLKP), and Sunoco LP (SUN).
Equity Research Analyst
UBS Securities, LLC
- Selected for and participated in UBS Emerging Analyst Program while assuming the lead coverage role (acted as the lead on AmeriGas Partners LP, Hi-Crush Partners LP, Suburban Propane LP).
- Mentored and managed a team of associates during ascent to the number three spot in the Institutional Investor ranking.
- Drove investment themes and strategies, working both independently and with a senior analyst.
- Worked extensively across subsectors: diversified, gathering and processing, upstream, and propane.
- Assisted in key franchise building efforts including initiation of coverage, restructuring models, and management of the junior staff.
- Communicated investments thesis regularly to institutional buy-side clients and UBS wealth management group.
Banking Analyst | Research Analyst
Global Hunter Securities
- Executed high yield, preferred equity, and M&A transactions.
- Conducted due diligence and analysis on a variety of businesses and industries; efforts included construction of dynamic financial models, covenant analysis, and valuations.
- Drafted offering memoranda, investor presentations, offering circulars, and various pitch materials.
- Developed and maintained research for over 20 publicly traded MLPs in the energy sector (in particular, for oil & gas pipeline, exploitation and production, and gathering and processing companies).
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
Tulane University—Freeman School of Business - New Orleans, LA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
Colgate University - Hamilton, NY, USA