Robert Craig Chiddenton
Verified Expert in Finance
Craig is a finance expert with 20+ years of experience. He recently steered Porto Montenegro from a startup to the region's premier luxury destination and, ultimately, to a successful exit for the investors. This involved working closely with the CEO and investors, including Peter Munk and partners. With his original background in audit and professional services at Deloitte, Craig has deep expertise in listening to and developing solutions that fit clients' needs.
Internal Controls: Loss Prevention
- Developed the accounting and finance function from the bottom up, recruited and led a team, and developed the information systems to support accurate and timely reporting.
- Led and participated in developing the long-term strategy and annual budgets as a key member of the management team.
- Continually negotiated new loans for project financing and renegotiated operating finance loans to optimize the capital structure for shareholders.
CFO, Board Member
- Led the company from a startup to one of the largest developers in Croatia. Set up all the accounting, finance, and administrative systems of the company.
- Set up the legal structure with separate legal entities for developments, land banks, services, and hotels, in order to facilitate financing and limit risk.
- Led project finance, worked closely with our bank on land acquisitions, and staged financing.
Director of Audit
- Delivered deep accounting and finance expertise to financial services companies, including banks, insurance companies, leasing, and property development.
- Performed tax planning for clients, including multinationals, to ensure compliance while minimizing tax burdens.
- Provided clients with value-added and practical solutions for internal controls.
Bachelor's Degree (Hons) in Commerce
University of Manitoba - Winnipeg, Canada
Chartered Professional Accountants Manitoba