Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Rolando is a finance expert who helped 27 growing companies achieve strategic objectives by improving processes and identifying operational risks through data analysis. He has 20 years of experience managing contracts up to $30 million. With an MBA, an engineering background, and certifications from Stanford and MIT, Rolando founded a consulting firm supporting retail, oil, healthcare, logistics, and agriculture companies. Previous roles include CEO and procurement and supply manager.
Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (PUCP)
- Designed and developed the course called Business Process Management, a part of the post-graduate program in the management of innovation projects and new technologies of the Faculty of Direction and Management, with 60 graduates.
- Created the graduate course called Procurement Management carried out by the Center for Advanced Manufacturing Technologies of the PUCP. Taught more than 180 students until its eighth edition.
- Designed other graduated courses on inventory and warehouse management and negotiations for suppliers, released by the Center for Advanced Manufacturing Technologies of the PUCP in 2020.
- Planned the graduate course on the demand planning and forecast to be released by the Center for Advanced Manufacturing Technologies of the PUCP in June 2022.
Business Consulting Manager
Corporacion Peruana de Consultoria Extrategica S.A.C.
- Assisted 27 companies in optimizing processes and performance indicators and identifying their operational risks through root cause analysis, exploratory data analysis, and modeling.
- Implemented business process management systems in three companies: The healthcare services sector, the metal manufacturing sector, and the retail sector.
- Developed strategic business plans for a chain of gas stations and a chain of retail deco stores.
- Carried out activity-based costing systems in the national postal service and in the most important company in the graphic sector.
- Implemented ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems in two technology companies: In the edtech sector and online betting business.
- Led the project to deploy job evaluation systems and salary scales for three companies in the agricultural sector.
Tama Ingenieros S.A.C.
- Tendered and awarded the project "Construction of Ciénaga Norte acid water treatment plant" carried out by Suez Peru for Buenaventura Mining Company Inc., valued at $800,000.
- Increased the production capacity by 50% through finance lease, procurement, and commissioning of metal-work machinery for $600,000.
- Started the certification process of the integrated management system (Quality ISO 9001, Environmental ISO 14001, Anti-bribery ISO 37001, Information Security ISO 27001, and Occupational Health and Safety ISO 45001).
- Signed the agreement for the implementation of SAP Business One.
- Led the design and execution of the 2018-2021 strategic plan.
Head of Procurement and Administration
- Led the procurement, warehousing, and logistics processes for 12 nationwide road projects, leading 51 employees, and reporting to the CFO.
- Managed contracts with suppliers of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and complementary services for more than $30 million per year.
- Implemented data analytics and visualization tools to control KPIs to improve the supply processes and reduced lead time average by 46%, lowered inventories by 7%, and reduced the total cost of ownership (TCO) by $600,000.
- Designed, implemented, and audited supply risk mitigation controls to ensure the accuracy of financial statements for Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliance.
Procurement and Supply Manager
Firth Industries Perú.S.A.
- Managed the local and international procurement strategy, including transportation, warehousing, planning, and control of raw materials, supplies, services, and assets.
- Served as the procurement leader for seven concrete plants and five aggregate mines in Perú.
- Managed the resources, deadlines, and conditions necessary to guarantee the achievement of the objectives of the supply processes, with contracts total amount above $30 million per year.
- Implemented the control panel of KPIs for the control of purchases and inventories.
- Increased inventory turnover by 30% and inventory reliability by 99%, and reduced stocks by 11% in six warehouses valued at $2.6 million.
Sn Power Perú S.A.
- Managed global purchases and contracts of the company ($14 million in 2009) and the design, implementation, and control of management KPIs.
- Kicked off the purchasing module in the Oracle EBS ERP.
- Agreed on contracts with suppliers to construct the Cheves hydroelectric plant (Lima, Perú) and certificated their alignment with corporate safety, health, environment, and community relations standards.
Corporacion Aceros Arequipa S.A.
- Selected, evaluated, audited, and contracted suppliers for the EPC projects to expand the steel, lamination, and iron plants in Pisco (Budget: $380 million) and the control panel to monitor the schedule and budget.
- Took responsibility for the procurement planning, negotiation, and contract of services for three plants and warehouses nationwide.
- Participated in the Pisco plant expansion project between 2006 and 2007 with a procurement investment amount above $35 million.
- Managed local technical purchases and contracts of services and the planning of equipment and spare parts deliveries.
- Participated in the certification process ISO 9001 in November 2003.
- Participated in negotiations processes valued at up to $10 million.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Pontifical Catholic University of Peru - Lima, Peru
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Pontifical Catholic University of Peru - Lima, Peru
Data Science and Big Data
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Strategies and Leadership in Supply Chains
Lean Supply Chain Technology Professional
Supply Chain & Logistics Management Certificate
Ohio State University