- Director, Strategy Consulting2011 - 2016Houlihan Lokey
Focus areas: Portfolio Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Market Research, Due Dilligence, M&A Strategy
- Performed a market scan, target identification, and due diligence on a silicone target for a mid-cap industrial, medical contract manufacturer.
- Led portfolio review and new platform development effort for a global motors manufacturer. This included business performance analysis, competitive benchmark and company capability assessment, a new platform, and M&A target assessment/prioritization (targets ranging between $200M and $1B in revenue).
- Performed due diligence on a $200M+ Electronic Health Record and SaaS player for a $12B PE fund.
- Performed a scan of 12 sectors for acquisitions and prioritized potential targets within a group of 200+ in 10 days for a global healthcare conglomerate.
- Performed sell-side diligence for a PE-owned owned industrial distributor—including historical growth driver definition, "as is" forecast, identification, and sizing/prioritization of internal (sales effectiveness) & external (assortment, geographies, M&A) opportunities.
- Performed sell-side diligence for a PE-owned vehicle service contracts provider.
- Director and Business Lead2008 - 2011Nielsen Business Consulting Services
Focus areas: Portfolio Analysis, Market Research
- Worked as the founding member and leader of Nielsen's Strategy Consulting startup.
- Managed projects, developed the business, dealt with recruitment, and P&L—a global leadership role (US-based).
- Led more than 20 engagements leading and mentoring project teams of 2-3 senior consultants.
- Worked with a variety of industries including: pharma, oral care, confectionery, snacks, beverages & alcohol, and retail.
- Provided thought-leadership in forecasting, recession, and innovation; also did public speaking engagements.
- Lead Associate2007 - 2008Booz and Co.
Focus areas: Due Dilligence
- Led the strategy consulting projects and/or workflows within strategy consulting projects.
- Focused primarily on consumer and technology companies e.g. CPG, pharma, and electronics.
- Led due diligence on a $200M global firm operating in the parking meter industry, across four business lines and three key geographies for a private equity fund.
- Led a trade promotion effectiveness effort for a leading US frozen-food manufacturer—led a current state analysis and future state development for organizational, process, and analytics workflows ensuring the alignment of key stakeholders including retail partners.
- Developed a brand portfolio strategy for a leading global consumer health-care manufacturer—specifically for the post-acquisition of a key competitor across four key verticals, globally.