- Spearheaded Tecon's transformation by setting up new foundations for profitable excellence. Now partnering with the CEO to develop a vision and strategy and lead improvements via changes in staff, operations, internal controls, and key processes.
- Headed a team of 40+ staff, delivered functional support to the ongoing business, and embedded critical changes for the organization’s future success.
- Reduced the cost base by 25% and improved working capital by 15% during the COVID economy to protect the financial future of the business.
- Identified key issues in the status quo; charted an improvement roadmap; and implemented changes across support functions, sales, and operations, which impacted people and processes.
- Led vendor and customer relationship management by setting up a proactive and prioritized engagement calendar.
- Established controls around litigation support, ensuring value adds from ongoing and new legal cases.
- Enhanced SAP functionality usage through design and rollout of improved workflows, resulting in improved internal controls and increased process efficiency.
- Led the development of the annual budget and business plan and presented the outcome to the corporate managing board, gaining buy-in for strategic and detailed plans.
Focus areas: Business Management, Business Performance Management (BPM), Change Management, Accounting, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Business Strategy, Business Partnering, Working Capital Management, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Profitability Optimization, Procurement, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Debtor & Creditor Management, Litigation Support, Internal Control, Contract Negotiation, Annual Budgets, Business Planning, Vendor Management, SAP, Microsoft PowerPoint, Business Transformation, Operational Finance, CFO, Budgeting, Forecasting, Middle East, Construction, Post-merger Integration, Integration, Strategy, Merger Benefits, Project Management, PMO, Risk Management, Reporting, Controller, Financial Modeling, Google Sheets, Internal Audits, Compliance, Governance, Lean Six Sigma, Forensic Accounting, Financial Management, Lean, Leadership, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Big 4 Accounting, Financial Controls & Processes, Revenue & Expense Projections, Opportunity Assessments, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Flow, Financial Reporting