Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
As a large-scale transformation delivery executive and technology strategist with 20+ years of industry experience, Samir has executed strategic plans, successfully aligning technology with business in providing direction for growth to global organizations. Samir has advised Fortune 500 C-level leaders, like CIOs and business unit heads, on business and digital transformation, enterprise strategy roadmap, operating model design, cost optimization, M&A, and cloud adoption.
An Enterprise Strategy Enablement Success Story for a Multi-national Manufacturing Company
Independent Senior Advisor
- Served as an independent senior advisor, contracting via a big four management consulting firm, working with CIOs and business executives around large-scale transformation initiatives.
- Formalized the business case, planning, and execution structure for a US leading health insurance firm for a $300 million cloud foundation transformation initiative.
- Led cross-functional governance as part of separation management office for an $8 billion valued security company's divesture effort.
IT Governance Specialist
- Built the IT governance point of view (POV) content to be showcased for a client opportunity for a potential downstream engagement.
- Established key metrics around IT governance regarding revenue increase, project success rate, and stakeholder acceptance.
- Reflected concrete structures that needed to be in place for robust IT governance, including the IT steering committee and related best practices for a successful realization.
- Analyzed portfolios ranging from 100 to over 1,000 apps spanning across value streams and business domains. Identified initiatives that enhanced customer experience and increased competitive advantages as part of digital transformation efforts.
- Led technological strategy assessments utilizing tools and accelerators to understand operations, pain points, portfolio health, functional gaps, technology risks, technical debt, market competitiveness, UX, architecture, and talent needs.
- Managed strategic programs looking at multiple GEOs to standardize towards enterprise-level ERP platforms and modernize systems built on obsolete technologies.
Tata Consultancy Services
- Managed the enterprise's architecture efforts in establishing operating models for clients' "Quote to Cash" businesses. Recommended over 60 initiatives around nine programs and improved revenue projections by $1 billion over four years.
- Headed the governance for infrastructure transformation programs. Over 60 projects, five program pillars, and vendor management. Fasten the program's schedule by 25%. I was one of the five account's strategies chiefs.
- Led a cost reduction strategy, cloud adoption, and business planning. Led the business planning activities by identifying cost-cutting opportunities for the Bank’s EMEA, APAC, and cross-functional portfolios, representing around $1 billion savings.
- Led the GTM strategy efforts focusing on the customer journey, recommending over 50 initiatives to position the firm as a market leader within the Canada Wealth Management space. Increased growth forecast by 100%. Worked closely with the Bank’s CEO.
- Led portfolio modernization and cost optimization efforts for a multi-national investment bank analyzing around 500 apps within 21 domains to achieve $200 million in savings over five years, with a 30% reduction in portfolio size.
- Managed data management strategy activities for a $36 billion investment bank, analyzing current and target state views focusing on enterprise models, metadata management, and business intelligence aspects (encompassing 21 focus areas).
- Led credit card provider. Steered all facets of the $40 million membership rewards platform, maximizing share in the loyalty-based cards market. Generated $300 million in savings over four years and managed 80 resources.
- Served as program manager for a large US property and auto insurance provider. Managed a top strategic initiative (BI rating platform) focused on pinpointing customer segments, achieving 20% cumulative savings for relevant LOBs.
- Established a national pricing system's core architecture for a $90 billion American integrated managed care consortium to facilitate comprehensive medical services to 8.5 million members while standardizing underwriting and pricing processes.
- Established the architecture for the firm's strategic integrated on-demand network (ION) platform with $1 billion for investment. Set the standards for all company-wide provisioning capabilities as a crucial part of the core architecture team.
- Hired and trained a team of solution architects whose efforts enabled the successful implementation of the company's strategic platform.
- Achieved quality process improvement (QPI) 100% compliance ratings for the course of deliveries.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Oklahoma - Norman, OK
AWS Certified Solutions Architect | Associate
Amazon Web Services Training and Certification