Verified Expert in Finance
Saransh is an IIT/IIM graduate with 12+ years of experience advising CXO clients on projects with multimillion-dollar impact. He has worked as a strategy consultant for Oliver Wyman and has domain expertise in financial services, including exchanges, banks, asset management, and cards. With experience in the tech industry, such as IT, AI/ML, cloud, 5G, IoT, CPaaS, and AR/VR, Saransh delivers high-quality projects and enjoys meeting talented people.
- Designed the business and financial plan to achieve 5% year-over-year growth in IT services in EU markets.
- Defined the strategic roadmap and developed the use cases and partnership framework for opportunities in artificial intelligence and business case development for an AI and cloud-based innovation center with Google Cloud.
- Devised the M&A strategy and identified and screened targets for inorganic growth ambitions of the Proximus B2B business.
- Built the roadmap for the 5G and MPN launch in the Belgium enterprise market and led program management to nurture 5G-related B2B partnerships with 50+ companies in Benelux.
- Drafted the market entry strategy for SaaS-based enterprise business applications (ERP, CRM).
- Performed due diligence of a Western EU CPaaS player offering WhatsApp and A2P SMS platforms.
- Hired and led cross-geography teams of freelance consultants across India, China, Singapore, and South Korea to demystify the value proposition associated with the use of commercial credit cards from the issuer and user perspective.
- Developed industry-leading state-of-the-art financial models to quantify benefits and value propositions associated with commercial cards.
- Interviewed 20+ senior industry experts and CXOs from banks and payment companies to identify best practices and develop a fact base.
- Led commercial due diligence on a micro-finance target for a top three global private equity firm.
- Developed the growth strategy and business case for a private wealth business to realize an ambitious 40% year-over-year assets under management (AUM) growth to reach the $800 million target, achieved in less than five years.
- Led the development of the $20 million IT infrastructure for the rollout of VAT for 500,000+ Saudi Arabia taxpayers; Led a seven-member team, defined IT demand, drafted RFPs, and saved $8 million through negotiations and managing the vendor scope.
- Managed the end-to-end design and development of a credit risk rating model for India's largest private sector bank; the implementation was in SAS and Excel.
- Developed the growth strategy and business case for a private wealth business to realize an ambitious 40% year-over-year AUM growth to reach $800 million for a target achieved in under five years.
- Developed a go-to-market strategy for a billion-dollar revenue fiber roll-out plan for a fiber cable manufacturer.
- Supported the investigation of alleged market misconduct regarding insider trading, collusion, and front-running by FX traders of a major Australian multinational bank.
- Benchmarked risk management practices of an Indian stock exchange against global players as per principles for market infrastructures laid down by IOSCO.
- Transformed sales performance measurement and distributor servicing strategy, performed branch profitability analysis, and designed MIS to enhance sales and distribution effectiveness for a $3 billion mutual fund.
- Defined the strategy and target operating model for India's expansion of a trade finance-focused UAE bank.
Capital One Financial
- Investigated process bottlenecks and improved demand forecasting methods to better manage staffing and improve the customer experience across general correspondence, identity fraud, and disputes LOBs.
- Analyzed balance sheets of 80+ companies across diverse sectors and drafted research reports to CXOs.
- Awarded for revamping the financial assistance policies (FAP) by developing a novel model for rating companies' financial strength.
Master's Degree in International Business
HEC Paris - Paris, France
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad - Ahmedabad, India
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Computing
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - Kharagpur, India
Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
Global Association of Risk Professionals
CFA Level II