Scott Herckis, CPA
Verified Expert in Finance
Scott has 25+ years of experience in the finance and accounting industry. He started his own outsourced CFO and CPA practice in 2009 and now serves an array of clients in various industries throughout the United States. Scott provides custom on-call CFO services, such as building financial models, business strategy with C-suite executives, assisting with capital raises, financial statement preparation and analysis, and tax services, including income, sales, and property tax returns.
- Built a multi-year financial model for an early-stage company. This was instrumental in raising their first round of financing and, as importantly, gaining an understanding of how much capital they need to raise in the future.
- Strategized with the CEO of a consumer products company I have worked with for over five years during the pandemic crisis. I assisted him in obtaining two rounds of PPP funds for over $1 million and managed to keep costs down over the past year.
- Assisted a nonprofit K-8 school that was winding down operations over the past two years. Replaced the full-time COO and managed the financial process to ensure a smooth closing.
- Reviewed the business of a high-end 10-year-old recruiting firm and discussed the overall operations with the CEO. Helped her determine the right strategy for future growth and potential sale.
- Collaborated with the CEO and head doctor of a colorectal surgery practice and reviewed all billings to hospitals and third parties. Discovered many issues, which resulted in additional billings and increased their revenues by over 20%.
- Prepared tax returns for a client that had not prepared nor paid his taxes for multiple years. Successfully negotiated a reduced amount to pay with the IRS.
CPA (Construction / Audit)
Liberty Global Enterprises LLC
- Performed an accounting review of their financial statements from 2021.
- Completed financial statements as well as a review letter to accompany the financials.
- Satisfied the client with the work and hopes to engage again in the future.
- Assisted with tax treatment for potential legal settlement.
- Researched and discussed findings with management and owner.
- Gained the opportunity to work together again with the client in the future.
BBA Degree in Accounting
The University of Texas at Austin - Austin, Texas
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
New York State Education Department, Division of Professional Licensing Services
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring