Sean Robinson, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
An MBA and CFA Charterholder, Sean has led the investment analysis and deal structuring of co-branded partnership deals, strategic alliances, new products and ventures at American Express. He has 10 years of financial services experience and has led teams based in New York, London, Sydney, and Jamaica. He enjoys freelancing because it allows him to work on challenging projects that keep him sharp and drive meaningful results for clients.
Director - B2B Strategy
- Developed the economic model, pricing strategy, investment analysis, 5-year financial outlook, and deal execution strategy for the launch of a new B2B payments strategic initiative aimed at driving $1 billion of incremental revenue.
- Led the structuring of over $13 billion worth of deals aimed at providing global corporate clients with payment, working capital optimization, and foreign exchange management solutions.
- Led the opportunity sizing, market analysis, and the pricing strategy for the creation of Amex’s first receivables financing solution in the Commercial Payments business.
- Designed and led cross-functional “test and learn” commercial sprints aimed at continuously evolving our deal execution strategy based on win rates, client feedback and changes in the economic climate.
- Successfully led the structuring of Amex’s partnership with Amazon Business which was signed in Q2 2018.
Manager - Corporate Finance
- Earned top rating in the 2013 and 2015 year-end performance evaluations, and the Finance Excellence Award in 2014.
- Led the business case development and investment analysis for the creation and launch of American Express Loans, Amex’s first unsecured, installment lending fintech product in the consumer business.
- Led the restructuring of American Express’ Co-Brand agreement with Morgan Stanley that generated a 35% increase pre-tax income.
- Led the business case, value proposition development, and investment analysis for creation and launch of the Plenti Credit Card.
- Led the investment analysis of two potential product launches with Ameriprise expected to generate a 60% increase in loan receivables.
- Led the investment analysis for Global Corporate Payment’s (GCP) largest investment of 2013, aimed at driving $6 billion of incremental customer spending on our B2B products.
Stocks and Securities Limited
- Analyzed financial statements, created financial models, led investment analysis and produced equity reports and investment recommendations for use by institutional clients.
- Led investor presentations and stock pitches that helped to generate the trading activity that earned SSL the title of #1 Stockbroker of 2009 by both number of trades, and trade volume, as awarded by the Jamaica Stock Exchange.
- Contributed insights about market developments, trends and investment strategies to The Business Observer, Jamaica's leading financial newspaper.
- Provided commentary on financial market news and investment strategies as an expert correspondent on the radio twice a week for 101FM’s business segment.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
Manchester Business School - Manchester, UK
Harvard & American Express Certificate of Leadership
Harvard Business School
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)