Director - B2B Strategy2016 - PRESENTAmerican Express
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Price Analysis, Strategy, Corporate Finance
- Developed the economic model, pricing strategy, investment analysis, 5-year financial outlook, and deal execution strategy for the launch of a new B2B payments strategic initiative aimed at driving $1 billion of incremental revenue.
- Led the structuring of over $13 billion worth of deals aimed at providing global corporate clients with payment, working capital optimization, and foreign exchange management solutions.
- Led the opportunity sizing, market analysis, and the pricing strategy for the creation of Amex’s first receivables financing solution in the Commercial Payments business.
- Designed and led cross-functional “test and learn” commercial sprints aimed at continuously evolving our deal execution strategy based on win rates, client feedback and changes in the economic climate.
- Successfully led the structuring of Amex’s partnership with Amazon Business which was signed in Q2 2018.
Manager - Corporate Finance2012 - 2016American Express
Focus areas: Personal Finance, Strategy, Corporate Finance
- Earned top rating in the 2013 and 2015 year-end performance evaluations, and the Finance Excellence Award in 2014.
- Led the business case development and investment analysis for the creation and launch of American Express Loans, Amex’s first unsecured, installment lending fintech product in the consumer business.
- Led the restructuring of American Express’ Co-Brand agreement with Morgan Stanley that generated a 35% increase pre-tax income.
- Led the business case, value proposition development, and investment analysis for creation and launch of the Plenti Credit Card.
- Led the investment analysis of two potential product launches with Ameriprise expected to generate a 60% increase in loan receivables.
- Led the investment analysis for Global Corporate Payment’s (GCP) largest investment of 2013, aimed at driving $6 billion of incremental customer spending on our B2B products.
Equity Analyst2008 - 2010Stocks and Securities Limited
Focus areas: Investment Thesis, Investment Briefs, Financial Statements, Financial Modeling, Equity Financing, Equity Valuation, Equity Research
- Analyzed financial statements, created financial models, led investment analysis and produced equity reports and investment recommendations for use by institutional clients.
- Led investor presentations and stock pitches that helped to generate the trading activity that earned SSL the title of #1 Stockbroker of 2009 by both number of trades, and trade volume, as awarded by the Jamaica Stock Exchange.
- Contributed insights about market developments, trends and investment strategies to The Business Observer, Jamaica's leading financial newspaper.
- Provided commentary on financial market news and investment strategies as an expert correspondent on the radio twice a week for 101FM’s business segment.