Director Financial Planning & Analysis2020 - PRESENTXempus
Focus areas: Financials, Corporate Development, Strategy, M&A (Buy-side), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics
- Built-up data analytics function inside the company, increasing the number of Tableau users from three to 40 in 18 months.
- Key role in the company’s $70m Series D fundraising in spring 2022.
- Streamlined the company’s budgeting and investor reporting processes to shorten required timescales.
Head of Corporate Development2018 - 2020EGYM
Focus areas: Finance Process Improvement, Post-merger Integration, Comparable Company Analysis, Corporate Finance, Growth Equity, Venture Capital, Fundraising, Transaction Modeling, Financial Modeling, M&A Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Led the company's corporate development function, reporting directly to the CFO.
- Evaluated potential M&A add-ons from a strategic and business development perspective, with a key focus on revenue and cost synergies with the existing business. Potential targets included US/EU public companies and privately held businesses.
- Monitored publicly listed competitors and the broader market environment to identify new trends and areas for growth early on.
- Created and maintained a three and five-year business plan across multiple business lines and geographies.
- Set up PMI processes and internal due diligence steps and processes.
- Worked on equity and debt fundraising in close collaboration with senior management, FP&A and external advisors.
Investment Director2017 - 2018Holtzbrinck Digital
Focus areas: Internal Financial Reporting, Financial Systems, Due Diligence, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Valuation Modeling, Investment Portfolio Management, Capital Budgeting, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Evaluated numerous add-on acquisitions and minority investment opportunities for the Digital Science portfolio of Holtzbrinck Digital across Europe and the US.
- Led the creation of investment memorandums for the group-wide investment committee and shareholders of Holtzbrinck Publishing Group.
- Ran internal due diligence teams and coordinated external advisors for financial, legal, and tax work.
- Played a key role in the drafting and negotiation of share purchase agreements in close collaboration with internal and external legal counsel.
- Collaborated with portfolio companies on the annual budgeting process and industry best practices and implemented new processes around financial controls and sales.
Senior Associate2014 - 2017HarbourVest Partners
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Due Diligence, Comparable Company Analysis, Series B, Technology, Investment Portfolio Management, Investment Summaries, Minority Investments, Investment Memoranda, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Growth Capital Raising, Private Equity
- Completed several growth equity and buyout investments alongside other private equity firms across Europe, such as Finanzcheck.de (€33 million Series C round).
- Focused on technology transactions with a particular interest in software and B2C business models.
- Reviewed financial models and analyses of other co-investors and led the development of internal operating financial models, including several different business cases.
- Led valuation analyses of potential new investments using a variety of methodologies such as comparable companies, comparable transactions, and DCF and LBO models.
- Ran internal due diligence efforts and coordinated financial, legal, tax, and commercial advisors alongside co-investors.
- Oversaw the creation of investment memorandums for a firm-wide investment committee; presented potential investments in front of the committee and followed up with Q&A sessions.
- Sourced new potential investments, particularly in the DACH region.
- Worked with publicly-listed and privately held companies in the US and Europe.
Associate2011 - 2014Arma Partners
Focus areas: Venture Capital, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Digital Media, eCommerce, Technology, Software, Due Diligence, Financial Modeling, Public Tender, Private Equity, Corporate Finance, Growth Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Developed multiple operating models, integrated three statement models, merger models, LBO models, and DCF valuation models.
- Oversaw the valuation analyses for 25+ mandates, using the trading comparables, transaction comparables, DCF, and LBO methods.
- Spearheaded due diligence and M&A processes. Participated in 20+ M&A processes, led the due diligence, coordinated between buyer and seller, and remote as well as onsite meetings.
- Ran business development: actively built and managed the firm's pipeline for the DACH region.
- Worked with clients from numerous European countries, and the US, often across borders. Clients included publicly listed and privately held companies in all aforementioned geographies.
- Built numerous pitch presentations for prospective acquirers, e.g. corporations and financial investors.
Investment Associate2009 - 2010Aurelius
Focus areas: Carve-out Planning, Financial Restructuring, Distressed Assets, Distressed/Special Situations
- Built operating and LBO financial models with the possibility to flex numerous assumptions and different cases.
- Led the creation of investment committee memorandums for a wide range of potential new investments across Europe in a number of industries, specifically manufacturing, retail, pulp, and paper.
- Completed the investment in a fine chemicals plant in Scotland.
- Attended several site visits and management meetings.
- Worked across Europe, mainly Germany, the UK, France, Italy, and Spain.