2013 - PRESENT
- Advised 10+ mid-sized companies and startups in their fundraising efforts with outside investors—including private equity firms, venture capital funds, and angel groups.
- Created 3-statement integrated financial models and valuations with trading comparables analysis, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow (DCF), and leveraged buyout analyses for acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures.
- Identified hundreds of acquisition targets and potential buyers. Created lists using several tools like Capital IQ and Mergermarket.
- Built a financial model and presentation, and negotiated a debt restructuring deal valued at more than €30 million.
- Advised the leading website and classified ads site in the Balkans on the sell-side mandate. The company was eventually sold to Naspers.
- Performed company, industry, market, and competitor research.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Strategy, Financial Modeling, Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Debt restructuring, Fundraising, Angel/Seed Funding, Venture Funding, Private Equity, Bank Debt Raises
Senior Financial Analyst
Black Stone IP (Part of Houlihan Lokey)
2013 - 2016
- Created a valuation model and sell-side strategy for the sale of Yahoo's patent portfolio.
- Helped build the licensing strategy model for HEVC Advance patent pool (includes companies such as Sony, Panasonic, and Dolby).
- Developed a patent portfolio valuation model and sell-side strategy for a segment of Broadcom's patent portfolio.
- Developed an intellectual property strategy for Dolby.
- Identified non-core patents for SAP and assisted with valuation and sell-side advisory.
- Led the intellectual property strategy and valuation for HID Global.
Focus areas: IP, Financial Strategy, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Three Statement Operating Model, Financial Modeling, Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Patent Valuations, Intellectual Property
M&A Director | Head of Research
Ascendant Capital Advisors (Member of IMAP)
2010 - 2013
- Advised 3 of the largest private security companies in the South Eastern European region in their sell-side mandate with Securitas (valued at more than €30 million).
- Advised a German automotive company on the buy-side of a regional injection moulding company.
- Created research memorandums for different industries with a focus on Central Eastern Europe.
- Created several buy-side and sell-side long lists for international and regional clients.
- Led the fundraising process (both debt and equity) with a pool of local banks and IFC for a Bosnian automotive company in the total amount of €18 million.
- Created more than 30 financial models, teasers, and information memorandums for clients.
- Worked on mandates with a total value of more than USD $500 million.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Debt Restructuring, Financial Strategy, Financial Modeling, Financial Engineering, Pitch Deck Financials, Project Finance, Fundraising, Angel/Seed Funding, Venture Funding, Private Equity, Three Statement Operating Model, Valuation, Valuation Modeling
2008 - 2010
- Screened several hundred potential acquisitions.
- Analyzed financials, operations, potential synergies, and conducted interviews with management for more than 20 potential acquisitions.
- Worked on 9 potential acquisitions, analyzing detailed financials, potential synergies, and negotiated share purchase agreements.
- Closed 4 acquisitions with a total value of more than USD $100 million and revenues exceeding USD $600 million.
- Led the team on the acquisition of Eybl International—an Austrian company with revenues exceeding USD $500 million in the automotive sector and more than 10 locations around Europe.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Financial Analyst | Portfolio Manager
2006 - 2008
- Built several financial and valuation models for listed companies including BHTelecom, Hrvatski Telekom, Elektroprivreda BiH, and Sarajevska Pivara.
- Advised on equity portfolios for different client types ranging from wealthy individuals, and international mutual and hedge funds.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Portfolio Analysis, Portfolio management, financial advisory services