Shalva Akhrakhadze, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
Shalva is a finance executive with more than 12 years of financial management experience in banking, insurance, aviation, distribution, and consulting. For the last five years, Shalva's consulted and implemented many interesting projects for different industries. He also has nine years of academic experience in lecturing on finance topics. Shalva's areas of knowledge and expertise are valuation, financial modeling, financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, managerial accounting, among others.
Member of the Local Financial Reporting Standard's Setting and Interpretation Committee
Service for Accounting Reporting and Auditing Supervision (Under the Ministry of Finance)
- Contributed to the successful creation of the local financial reporting standards for small enterprises.
- Helped to develop the different examples and interpretations of local standards.
- Made several public presentations to increase awareness of local standards.
Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA)
- Updated a structure of the financial module for the MBA program.
- Participated in several very interesting academic activities and exchange programs.
- Received some amazing feedback from our MBA students.
LTD Financial Laboratory
- Led the development of our brand which is a guaranty of quality for the local existing and potential customers.
- Created the financial models which helped different businesses to raise capital of more than US$100 million.
- Helped variously sized companies to create strategies for increasing the values of their shareholders.
Different Universities and Academies
- Worked with the following universities and academies: EY Academy, PwC Academy, ACCA, Caucasus School of Business, and Bank of Georgia University.
- Presented different topics at the following universities and organizations: King's College London (London, UK), EU Business School (Munich, Germany), Kozminski University (Warsaw, Poland), Ministry of Finance of Georgia, and EBRD.
- Held individual coaching sessions with the clients of the biggest bank in Georgia (TBC.ge) through their platform.
Various Contract Projects
- Managed a team and as a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) subcontractor worked on the conceptual study of "Apparel Production in Georgia, Greenfield Investment Opportunity."
- Led a team and planned and executed the entire process for “Business Plan for Agronavti Mobile Application Spin-Off Company,“ funded by USAID (Zrda Activity in Georgia) and Chemonics International Inc.
- Served as a lead expert for the project called “Strengthening Capacity of Georgian Farmers’ Association,” funded by UNDP.
- Developed a project for the Caucasus School of Business called the “Review of Content and Structure of Financial Subjects and a Strategy of Increasing Their Efficiency” (for both, BBA and MBA courses).
Deputy Chairman | Head of the Audit Committee
JSC Green Insurance Georgia
- Created the strategy for an internal audit which was successfully implemented.
- Involved in the creation of the prospectus for an IPO in the local stock exchange.
- Increased the efficiency of an internal audit and as a result, the company decreased its operational risks and monthly costs.
- Increased the value of the company approximately by 400% by implementing several innovative ideas.
- Hired and trained new staff for nearly all the vital company positions.
- Created and implemented a long-term strategy for future development.
LLC Fly Georgia
- Created a financial model for operational optimization.
- Implemented the procedures for increasing financial efficiency.
- Trained the staff for the skills and knowledge which was new for them.
Senior Financial Manager
International Insurance Company IRAO
- Helped the company to start a new line of business with NPV which was almost equal to the equity value at that time.
- Created different reports and forms that helped us to see the big picture and implement the right operations optimizations.
- Added one new business unit, which optimized the cash flow management.
Financial Manager | Head of the Proactive Risk Manager Program | Operator
- Worked as a financial manager and implemented some new forms for analyzing various cost centers individually.
- Managed the implementation of a new risk management program, called Proactive Risk Manager, particularly for the processing department.
- Offered and analyzed new procedures while working as an operator in the plastic cards department.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business Administration
Free University of Tbilisi - Tbilisi, Georgia
Bachelor's Degree in Applying Mathematics and Computer Science
Tbilisi State University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Airline Finance and Accounting Management
IATA | University of Geneva
English Language Course (ESOL) | The Highest Level
Rayat London College
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring