Shiv Mehta, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
A CFA charterholder, Shiv has eight years of experience working across diverse finance verticals. He has facilitated corporate finance deals and fundraising worth more than $1 billion and worked in equity research at Deutsche Bank. He is skilled in writing reports, creating IB and PE pitch books, fundraising, financial modeling, and databases. Shiv enjoys using his diverse experience to assist clients with their challenging problems.
Kaplan Middle East Professional
- Delivered lectures for all three levels of the CFA exam to over 500 students.
- Designed and delivered in-house B2B and public programs in areas such as financial modeling, equity valuation, equity research, corporate finance, project financing, and investment banking.
- Provided consultancy to one of the largest oil companies in Middle East by automating their financial models.
Acumen Finance and Banking Institute
- Delivered training sessions for more than 100 students for CFA Level 1 and the CFA Investment Foundation exam at a sovereign wealth fund and a large national oil company.
- Designed and delivered a new-hire training program for more than 50 new hire private equity analysts at a sovereign wealth fund with with the main focus on three-statement modeling, M&A analysis, LBO analysis and modeling, and accounting.
- Advised buy-side research analysts on the creation and automation of financial and valuation models.
Equity Research Associate
- Oversaw more than 50 companies in the consumer retail sector and TMT sector covering semiconductor, software, fintech, and telecom equipment companies in Europe and the US.
- Wrote initiation of coverage reports and built financial models for a large fintech company and online pharmacy in Europe.
- Performed extensive qualitative and financial analysis of companies. Built` and updated financial models, maintained sector databases, and wrote sector notes and thematic reports.
- Wrote the sporting goods sector quarterly reports covering both manufacturers including Adidas and Puma as well as retailers such as Dick Sporting Goods and Finish Line.
TresVista Financial Services
- Led seven analysts to provide deal support to US.-based $1.0 billion TMT-focused private equity fund, $300 million private equity fund in Africa, an investment firm that invests in mid-market companies, and a boutique investment bank in Africa.
- Built a financial model, determined intrinsic value, performed return analysis, and prepared a detailed pitchbook to advise a sovereign wealth fund to buy a minority stake in a large bank through a block deal.
- Build an operational model and prepared a pitch deck for a multi-store retail pharmacy chain in Africa and based on projections, identified a funding need of $20 million.
- Delivered a detailed financial model and valued the company using DCF, trading comparables, transaction comparables, and LBO for a large private telecommunications company in Africa.
- Advised an African agricultural firm to raise $7 million in debt from a bank or investors by building a detailed financial model and pitch deck.
- Researched macro and private equity themes to support the fundraising efforts of a $300 million private equity fund.
- Appraised and assigned credit ratings for debt worth more than INR100 billion to large corporates and SMEs through the detailed industry, business, and financial analysis.
- Prepared credit reports comprising business descriptions, key operating and financial risks, near term outlook, liquidity profile, management profile as well as industry outlook.
- Trained and mentored junior analysts for rating assignments.
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce
Delhi University - India