Verified Expert in Finance
Steve is an experienced financial executive and consultant with a broad range of experience ranging from deep dive financial analysis to M&A and valuation work. He has experience as a CFO, private equity investor, and investment banker. Steve has worked with over fifty companies on preparing business plans and offering memorandums and financial models, and has helped finance early and late stage companies, real estate, and other assets.
Waypoint Private Capital
- Advised clients on equity and debt capital raising process, capital structure, and deal negotiations.
- Advised clients on buy- and sell-side M&A engagements, including valuations, financial modeling, offering materials preparation, introductions to buyers and sellers, negotiations, and closing.
- Prepared management teams for presentations to investors, lenders, buyers, and sellers.
- Negotiated transactions ranging in size from $3MM to $50MM.
- Catered to a client base ranging from early stage to later stage companies across a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, service, real estate, and technology companies.
Chief Financial Officer
- Handled financial reporting, budgeting, cash flow management, and KPIs for over twenty companies.
- Hired and managed all accounting and administrative staff for the company.
- Negotiated and closed the $60MM sale of a private insurance company to a public company.
- Managed and negotiated debt for all commercial real estate properties with numerous banks, including TIF financing.
- Constructed an institutional style investment portfolio from the ground up. The portfolio included long-only equity managers, hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds, direct venture investments, fixed income, and other alternative assets.
- Served as a board member or observer for numerous companies in the private equity and venture capital portfolio.
The InvestLinc Group
- Managed all aspects of capital raising and sell-side M&A engagements for a variety of clients, both domestically and internationally, ranging from seed stage to later stage companies.
- Wrote descriptive offering memoranda describing the company and industry dynamics, market opportunity, competitive landscape, and analysis of historical and projected financial statements.
- Advised clients on capital structure, financing alternatives, company positioning, and negotiating strategy.
- Worked with clients in a variety of industries; including manufacturing, logistics, life insurance, physician practices, agriculture, energy, gaming, collections services, and real estate.
- Raised $10MM of equity from two private equity firms to fund a rapidly growing logistics company.
Ark Capital Management
- Performed investment analysis and due diligence for potential investments in privately held growth companies.
- Provided financial modeling, valuation analysis, market opportunity analysis, interviews for management and consultants, and the presentation of investment theses to the partners.
- Worked with the management of existing portfolio companies on strategic and tactical issues, including writing business plans, hiring management, making strategic acquisitions, and restructuring operations.
- Contributed instrumentally to the turnaround of a company that represented Ark’s largest investment.
- Assisted management of portfolio companies in raising bank debt and follow-on equity investments.
Beer Across America
- Managed all areas of accounting and finance.
- Prepared monthly and annual financial statements, budgeting, long-term forecasting, cash management, inventory management, fixed assets management, internal controls, financial analysis, audit, tax, treasury activities, and investments.
- Developed strategic operating plans for all business units and evaluated new business opportunities.
- Contributed to the management of all issues relating to strategy, planning, operations, human resources, and other factors influencing the business.
- Negotiated, closed, and integrated a strategic acquisition.
Series 24, 79, 82, 63 in Securities
FINRA - New York, NY
MBA in Finance
University of Chicago - Chicago, IL
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Investments and Valuation
CFA Institute - New York, NY
BBA in Finance
University of Wisconsin - Madison, WI
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)