Verified Expert in Finance
Steve is a partner at Incentica Business Plans in Calgary. He is a business school graduate, Harvard-educated, and a certified exit planner and M&A advisor with 30 years of senior management and executive experience. Steve has written over 130 business plans, succession/exit plans, and strategy engagements for companies such as General Motors, adidas, Gtech/IGT, Mosaic Capital Partners, and Wajax.
Incentica Business Plans
- Led the strategic planning process for a mid-sized company that resulted in greater market penetration.
- Completed a business plan for a mid-sized company that resulted in incremental sustained growth.
- Developed an exit strategy that resulted in a company's seamless transfer to multiple family members.
- Created a pitch deck that resulted in the company closing a private investment less than two weeks after the first presentation.
VP of Sales and Marketing
Avanti Software Inc.
- Managed and achieved a 200% growth in sales in Canada.
- Boosted the average price per sale by 40% through client satisfaction research and competitor comparison.
- Increased new leads by 200% year over year by overseeing the marketing process evolution to include customer relationship management and marketing automation.
VP of Product Management
- Streamlined the company by 50% by creating a product plan.
- Boosted product differentiation and relevance by establishing a stage-gate/pragmatic marketing process.
- Established an innovation and ideation process that led to new product development and patents.
Senior Director of Product Management and Business Development
- Grew the division from $20 million to $120 million as a key management team member.
- Raised the product mix by 250% to meet increased customer demand and established product management in the company.
- Led the team that successfully launched product operations into a new $6 billion market segment.
Certificate of Participation in Innovation and Strategy
Harvard Division of Continuing Education - Cambridge, Massachusetts
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
University of New Brunswick - Fredericton, Canada
BEI Certified Exit Planner (CExP)
Business Enterprise Institute, Inc.
Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA)
Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors