Verified Expert in Finance
Sven is a qualified valuation expert delivering services for market caps up to $250 million for state-owned entities, public companies, and privately held entities. Sven successfully bid for and subsequently was a team member for the privatizations of an O&G and a utility entity. Sven holds the CBV designation, is IVS trained for the IVSC standards, and has an MBA in finance. Sven enjoys working across cultures and providing his expertise to clients located around the globe.
SME Consulting and Advisory Ltd
- Engaged by a mainstreet brokerage firm to exclusively execute their valuation mandates. Mandates are primarily for sale purposes, with the sales value achieved, on average, 95% of the notional value.
- Trained interns specifically for valuation services. Provided hands-on guidance to undertake financial analyses and then provided a theoretical background to the valuation issues that were present in an engagement.
- Provided valuation expertise to the mergers and acquisitions structuring partners to support their sales mandates. Allowed the partners to focus on their transactions while providing a well-supported value assessment.
Advisor to the Chairman
Beta Tech SA
- Developed back-office process design and implementation of accounting transactions and financial reporting services. Created an auditable process from an improper set of accounts.
- Provided guidance and recommendations for various initiatives, most notably establishing a full set of policies and procedures for the organization.
- Trained the accounting staff to transform into an independent department capable of generating a full set of financial statements and supporting their work through the audit process.
Kirnaf Investment and Installment Company
- Established a financial reporting process whereby we were able to reduce year-end audits to begin within 10 days of the year end rather than a 90-day closing period.
- Reviewed regulations and established and drove the creation of all required documentation to obtain a central bank license for installment companies. Continually provided monthly reports on the status of our compliance to the CEO.
- Converted the company's accounting process from a local GAAP to transition to an IFRS set of financial accounts.
- Undertook the valuation of the entire retail fuel sector in Kuwait to establish a set of criteria to allocate all government-owned fuel stations into three groups for planned sale to private investors.
- Developed the winning proposal to provide privatization services to the Oman government to privatize its Ministry of Electricity and Water. Then led the business planning services for the privatized entities.
- Supported the AUM and the ACM by providing valuation reports over a period of time as they grew from a training company to ministry-approved higher education institutes. Valuation work supported the debt funding activities to build the facilities.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
University of Calgary - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
University of Windsor - Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators