Verified Expert in Finance
Tanya is a finance expert serving investors and entrepreneurs in M&A, fundraising, buy and build, growth strategies, creating financial transparency, and defining business optimization potentials. She's executed €50 million in debt, equity, and M&A transactions in PE/VC and headed finance at a shared mobility startup, preparing the company for the financing round. Tanya enjoys freelancing due to the opportunities to create value and get to know exciting people and businesses.
KPI Analysis and Valuation of a SaaS Startup for a $25-million Financing Round
Interim Head of Finance
- Set up basic accounting and reporting processes for two legal entities and integrated an acquired hospital into the financial processes.
- Created a financial model and annual budget in cooperation with department heads.
- Reorganized the tax and legal structure to optimize tax load and reduce risks for investors.
- Supported fundraising activities (debt and equity).
Head of Finance
- Created financial transparency by consolidating the financial statements, improving the accounting for revenues and working capital, reorganizing cost centers, and establishing a process for monthly reporting—detailed P&L and indirect cash flow.
- Built a detailed operational five-year business plan with multiple scenarios for a young sharing economy business used for fundraising and day-to-day operations.
- Helped identify major cost-saving potentials and necessary operational changes that are being implemented by the operations team now.
- Optimized the accounting process by introducing invoicing and treasury software.
- Led a team of three people and coordinated the work of the external accounting agency.
- Coordinated the fundraising and helped close the financing round.
Senior Investment Associate
LeadX Capital Partners
- Executed one minority equity investment of $10 million in an eCommerce platform and issued three term sheets.
- Performed market sizing, detailed unit economics, customer lifetime value, and customer cohort analyses, as well as valuations of eCommerce, SaaS, and DaaS (data-as-a-service) businesses.
- Assessed business plans and management teams of digital businesses in all life stages, from startups to established companies.
- Set up reporting requirements for portfolio companies.
- Initiated the cooperation between the fund’s LP (a corporate) and two technology startups.
Private Equity Analyst
AUCTUS Capital Partners
- Executed two primary transactions and one add-on acquisition for a total of €40 million in equity and debt.
- Performed commercial and financial due diligence on German SMEs for a mid-market buy-out fund.
- Optimized deal and financing structures and built LBO models, including return analysis, sensitivity analysis, and valuation.
- Created a growth strategy for a newly acquired company, which resulted in 20% EBITDA growth over three years upon execution.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Created marketing materials and coordinated a sell-side M&A process of confectionery producer in Ukraine.
- Developed the market section for an IPO prospectus of a $1 billion agricultural business in Ukraine.
- Performed market, commercial, and financial analyses for existing and prospective corporate clients.
Master of Science Degree in Management, Finance, and Entrepreneurship
WHU — Otto Beisheim School of Management - Vallendar, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Financial Management
Kyiv National Economic University - Kyiv, Ukraine