Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Ted is a former McKinsey and Company associate partner and investment banker from Wharton and MIT. He has expertise in strategy, corporate finance, and commercial due diligence, with sector expertise in high-tech industries. Ted is currently the founder of a digital learning platform called Skill Range. He has extensively hired Toptalers to build the business. Ted is a big believer in the platform and is excited to flip the script and bring his expertise to support clients.
- Founded and created a highly interactive digital course platform for technical topics like finance and operations.
- Hired Ukrainian developers, data scientists, and a user experience expert hired through Toptal.
- Developed a skill analytics tool for companies, which scores employees based on their applied skill level in simulations rather than memorization in multiple-choice tests.
- Created a course on financial modeling and valuation that teaches interactively, using hands-on exercises and simulations.
McKinsey and Company
- Directed due diligence on $250 million to $5 billion sized deals across sectors, specializing in aerospace and defense, infrastructure, and high-tech.
- Developed an institutional opportunity scan for a $200 billion portfolio, systematically identifying value-enhancing opportunities for portfolio companies in areas like pricing and procurement.
- Advised aerospace and defense prime with $1 billion revenue on multi-year corporate strategy, focusing on next-generation technology mergers and acquisition roadmap.
- Advised the CEO of a $1 billion commercial real estate company on developing organic and inorganic growth strategies, including global profit pool analysis, mergers and acquisitions scans, new product offerings, and go-to-market roadmap development.
- Managed $300 million of value capture initiatives as part of multi-billion-dollar engineering company integration, including cost synergies from general and administrative reduction, growth synergies, and working capital reduction.
- Led multiple market scans in the real estate and infrastructure, design, brokerage, property management, and facilities management. Considering tech disruptors and traditional businesses.
- Advised over a dozen companies, ranging from $5 million to $10 billion in revenue, on new product launches, considering product-market-fit, unit economics, value chain, competition, channels, partnerships, pricing, and more.
- Advised high-tech companies in aerospace, IT, cyber, and engineering on forming corporate strategies that linked actionable actions to accretive long-term growth.
- Advised corporate subsidiaries from various aerospace, defense, and IT industries on commercial tech ventures. Honed product-market fit and building go-to-market strategies, specifically market sequencing, channel, pricing, and partnerships.
- Built dynamic financial models for companies across sectors that linked corporate performance to key value drivers and factored in uncertainty through stochastics and other statistical modeling techniques.
- Presented recommendations to senior government officials on export credit agency reorganization, bond market expansion strategies, and securities regulation reform.
- Negotiated with the governments of Brazil, France, Holland, Japan, the US, and the UK to obtain over $100 million of debt relief for an island nation.
- Trained staff and financial controllers of state-owned enterprises on debt management strategies, which reduced monthly debt service costs for certain state-owned entities by approximately 50%.
- Built financial models to support debt reprofiling and restructuring, which forecasted debt obligations and debt servicing capacity under different macroeconomic and financial assumptions.
- Represented foreign bondholders on the creditors' committee holding claims against an Icelandic government-controlled bank. Managed due diligence and participated in negotiations that led to clients' $2.7 billion of recovery.
- Prepared financial analyses and participated in negotiations that resulted in more than 90% debt relief for the sovereign government on $80 billion in debts owed to other governments.
- The advised sovereign government on restructuring $900 million of debt on topics including domestic creditor outreach, economic modeling, financial stability, and IMF creditor negotiation.
Master of Business Administration in Business Administration
MIT - Cambridge, MA
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia