Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Teddy is the founder and managing principal of Healthy Growth Advisory, a boutique consulting firm providing strategic and financial advisory services to health and wellness companies and investors. After cultivating his strategy and private equity expertise at Bain, Charlesbank, and Wharton's MBA, Teddy has advised over 40 innovative H&W companies like Precision Nutrition (health education), MDVIP (preventive primary care), True Food Kitchen (healthy eating), and Talkspace (mental health).
Healthy Growth Advisory
- Created the growth strategy for a middle-market health restaurant chain, leading to four in-market growth experiments of novel concepts.
- Developed the growth strategy for a high-growth mental health startup, resulting in a successful M&A in its targeted growth segment.
- Led the buy-side deal sourcing for a middle-market health education company, resulting in four letters of intent.
Director for Strategy
- Built forecasting tools and processes to estimate key cash flow and P&L metrics, enabling founders and management to perform financial planning and analysis and synchronize investments and headcount growth with business expansion.
- Led the fundraising process, including building a pitch deck, model, and board materials, managing the project timeline, and creating the investor relations strategy and CRM tools.
- Illuminated marketing funnels, enabling investment optimization across products, clients, and funnel stages.
- Cultivated business and corporate development by leading the M&A strategy, identifying acquisition targets, enabling strategic partners, and delineating the international expansion playbook.
- Developed the deal assessment framework for prioritizing and measuring prospective partnerships' impact.
- Identified key strategic marketing and product gaps via competitive analysis for founders and management.
- Spearheaded the internal reporting overhaul, leading to recurring, data-driven management team metrics.
- Created an A/B testing program and prediction toolkit for purchase and retention to optimize paid acquisition.
- Led operations audit across the organization, interviewing key stakeholders to discover and prioritize organizational improvement initiatives for cross-functional communication and effectiveness.
Charlesbank Capital Partners
- Built lender materials with United Road Services' CEO and CFO to secure over $200 million in refinancing.
- Collaborated with a B2B media provider's CEO and CFO, from acquisition target to diligence financials and KPIs of individual media and event assets, leading to management's detection of earnings distortion.
- Developed and shared industry expertise for a thematic investment initiative on B2B media providers, delineating industry dynamics and entry opportunities, resulting in accepted bids for over $900 million of assets.
- Created a valuation framework for a for-profit education provider, illuminating the impact of financial and regulatory performance and program mix on the company's financial health, resulting in a 20% revaluation.
Senior Associate Consultant
Bain & Company
- Reviewed a US software provider's product portfolio against long-term strategy, growth prospects, market attractiveness, and the competitive landscape, enabling non-core assets divestiture to maximize returns.
- Evaluated a US sports retailer's new store expansion opportunities, utilizing existing store performance, demographics, and competitor footprint to pinpoint the best new geographies for profitable growth.
- Assessed a US food and beverage manufacturer's retail pricing and merchandising strategies across over 20 categories, enabling leadership to re-allocate an over $5 billion promotion budget to strategies with superior ROI.
- Designed a US wireless telecom's customer preservation strategies, balancing customer lifetime value with one-time retention costs, including a pricing redesign to improve profitability and customer retention.
- Initiated leadership collaboration across global green teams to share ideas, best practices, and resources.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurial Management and Marketing
Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree in Strategy, Finance, and Economics
Washington University in St. Louis - St. Louis, Missouri, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring