PFH Capital, LLC
2014 - PRESENT
- Worked as an investment adviser offering value-oriented, actively managed investment accounts. Currently closed to non-family funds.
- Researched and invested on both the long and short side across multiple asset classes—including common and preferred equity, fixed income, exchange traded products, warrants, options, and contingent value rights. Emphasized traditional value, growth at a reasonable price (GARP), and special situation strategies..
- Provided financial planning and investment analysis for local clients—primarily in the real estate market.
Focus areas: Valuation, Business Plan Development, Comparable Company Analysis, Capital Structure Analysis, Equity Research, Investor Communications, Portfolio Analysis
Contrack Watts, Inc
2010 - PRESENT
- Reported to the CFO—performing financial reporting, budgeting and analysis functions.
- Coordinated consolidated financial reporting from monthly internal management accounts to annually audited financials.
- Managed the monthly “outlook” forecast and annual budget process used by management to monitor financial results and establish strategic direction.
- Prepared corporate indirect billing rates used for the US government and Department of Defense contracts and coordinated associated DCAA audits and other inquiries.
- Worked on special projects on behalf of the CFO as required in support of corporate level initiatives, e.g. acquisition of the $700M US construction firm (Weitz), corporate restructuring, IT implementation, and more.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Financial Modeling, Variance Analysis, Audit Management, Three Statement Operating Model, Revenue & Expense Projections, Cost Reduction and Optimization, Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Data Analysis, Ratio Analysis
Faded Red - Cornell University Rugby Alumni Association
2009 - PRESENT
- Directed financial operations as volunteer.
- Increased fundraising 2300% between 2009 and 2014.
- Launched a major endowment push in 2016.
Focus areas: Fundraising, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Business Plan Development
Budgeting & Reporting Manager
Orascom Construction Industries
2006 - 2010
- Based at the corporate headquarters in Cairo, Egypt.
- Launched the monthly “outlook” forecast and annual budget process currently used across the $1.9 billion international construction group.
- Coordinated the implementation of a shared service accounting operations center in Dubai to support offshore operating entity accounting and reporting.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Financial Modeling, Revenue & Expense Projections, Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Data Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Audit Management, Variance Analysis
Contrack International, Inc.
2005 - 2006
- Reported to the corporate controller—providing accounting reconciliation and audit support.
- Coordinated the US procurement for a $60M operation and maintenance project based in Egypt.
Focus areas: Accounting, Financial Reporting, Procurement, Audit Management