Lower Gwynedd, United States
Member since October 24, 2016
Tom is the founder of PFH Capital, an investment adviser and financial consultancy. He has extensive experience across the financial spectrum—from bottom-up accounting and reporting to top-down analysis and valuation.
- Trustee2018 - PRESENTThe Baldwin School
Focus areas: Corporate Finance, Accounting, Audit Management
- Volunteered on the board of trustees, serving on finance and audit committees.
- Principal2014 - PRESENTPFH Capital, LLC
Focus areas: Valuation, Business Plan Development, Comparable Company Analysis, Capital Structure Analysis, Equity Research, Investor Communications, Portfolio Analysis
- Worked as an investment adviser with experience on both the long and short side across multiple asset classes—including common and preferred equity, fixed income, exchange-traded products, warrants, options, and contingent value rights.
- Provided financial planning and investment analysis for local clients—primarily in the real estate market.
- Board Member2009 - PRESENTFaded Red | Cornell University Rugby Alumni Association
Focus areas: Fundraising, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Business Plan Development
- Directed the financial operations as a volunteer.
- Increased fundraising 2300% between 2009 and 2014.
- Launched a major endowment push in 2016.
- Financial Consultant2010 - 2018Contrack Watts, Inc.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Financial Modeling, Variance Analysis, Audit Management, Three Statement Operating Model, Revenue & Expense Projections, Cost Reduction and Optimization, Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Data Analysis, Ratio Analysis
- Reported to the CFO—performing financial reporting, budgeting, and analysis functions.
- Coordinated consolidated financial reporting from monthly internal management accounts to annually audited financials.
- Managed the monthly “outlook” forecast and annual budget process used by management to monitor financial results and establish strategic direction.
- Prepared corporate indirect billing rates used for the US government and Department of Defense contracts and coordinated associated DCAA audits and other inquiries.
- Worked on special projects on behalf of the CFO as required in support of corporate level initiatives, e.g., the acquisition of the $700 million US construction firm (Weitz), corporate restructuring, IT implementation, and more.
- Budgeting & Reporting Manager2006 - 2010Orascom Construction Industries
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Financial Modeling, Revenue & Expense Projections, Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Data Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Audit Management, Variance Analysis
- Based at the corporate headquarters in Cairo, Egypt.
- Launched the monthly “outlook” forecast and annual budget process currently used across the $1.9 billion international construction group.
- Coordinated the implementation of a shared service accounting operations center in Dubai to support offshore operating entity accounting and reporting.
- Business Analyst2005 - 2006Contrack International, Inc.
Focus areas: Accounting, Financial Reporting, Procurement, Audit Management
- Reported to the corporate controller—providing accounting reconciliation and audit support.
- Coordinated the US procurement for a $60 million operation and maintenance project based in Egypt.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in Finance2012 - 2014CFA Institute - Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Economics2001 - 2005Cornell University - Ithaca, NY, USA
- Intensive Study in Arabic Language2004 - 2004American University in Cairo - Cairo, Egypt
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)AUGUST 2014 - PRESENTCFA Institute