Verified Expert in Finance
Thomas delivered actionable solutions and insights to multi-billion dollar clients across the tech and software industries as a senior equity research associate at Morgan Stanley. As an entrepreneur, he understands the importance of taking extreme ownership of projects and enjoys working with executives to grow their businesses through financial modeling, competitive market analysis, and creative problem-solving.
Founder | CEO
Green Boost Education
- Founded Green Boost Education, a financial services startup focused on providing financial education and literacy workshops to millennials and low-income families.
- Developed and oversaw strategic initiatives, content creation, and new business development.
- Managed and created an in-depth financial plan to account for rapid growth in new customers, product line expansion, and the hiring of multiple employees.
- Analyzed customer unit economics and platform value across 20+ publicly traded SaaS companies to determine long-term margin potential focusing on customer acquisition costs (CAC), churn, customer lifetime value (LTV), and net retention ratios (NRR).
- Helped launch and grow a new team after only 12 months at Morgan Stanley, expanding into a leading, II-ranked Wall Street equity research franchise in less than one year.
- Researched competitive market dynamics, understood critical industry drivers, and developed complex industry models for the SaaS, media, financial technology, healthcare technology, web services, travel technology, and edtech markets.
- Developed actionable investment theses and pitched ideas to internal constituents and external clients by conducting complex financial modeling and leveraging an in-depth understanding of equity markets.
- Leveraged industry contacts and teams across Morgan Stanley to analyze and profit from complex financial situations including turnaround opportunities, special tax situations, and secular change stories.
- Established relationships with C-suite executives and multi-billion dollar clients by minimizing errors, taking extreme ownership of projects, and effectively communicating with critical stakeholders.
- Ramped quickly on new industries, projects, and challenges by leveraging primary data, industry contacts, and channel checks.
- Built and maintained complex predictive model of Class 5-8 Truck market incorporating inventory, builds, sales, and future demand/sales projections.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
Michigan State University - Michigan
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring