Verified Expert in Finance
Thuy Nguyen has five years of experience as a research analyst at the leading equity research house in Vietnam. She has conducted industry analysis, created valuation models, and communicated investment opportunities to her clients in the consumer and banking sectors. She was a valedictorian of her batch with a GPA of 3.92/4 in an MBA program at the International University of Japan. She is thrilled to contribute her professional knowledge and skills to global clients via Toptal.
Five-year P&L Forecast for a Jewelry Retailer
SSI Securities Corporation
- Created excellent valuation models to figure intrinsic valuation of equities and suggested investment opportunities in the equity of a sugar producer (+60% YoY).
- Conducted industry research (consumer sector) and analyzed and forecasted business performance of major players in the industry.
- Presented to on-shore and off-shore funds with valuable investment opportunities.
Investment Banking Intern
Shinhan Securities Vietnam Co.Ltd
- Supported the director to originate deals, met with clients, and took a memorandum of clients' needs.
- Supported the director to build up the deal structure for clients.
- Prepared the presentation material to report to CEO about deal structure.
- Created a comprehensive summary of financial figures and comparative valuation for all listed commercial banks to visualize their efficiency and relative valuation.
- Built many valuation models for listed commercial banks, using residual income and justified P/B methods.
- Watched macro factors including interest rate, bond yield, gold price, and exchange rate and published weekly macro analysis reports.
Canon Vietnam Ltd.
- Built the training scheme and organized training schedule for three factories (12,000 employees), focusing on soft skills and management skills.
- Managed training records of three factories, supervised training sessions conducted by outsourced trainers, and made follow-up evaluations on training effectiveness.
- Organized and conducted one-day HR policy training for new staff.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance & Management
International University of Japan - Niigata Prefecture, Japan
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Foreign Trade University - Hanoi, Vietnam