Business Unit CFO2013 - 2017IBM
Focus areas: Unit Pricing, Price Analysis, Marginal Costing, Cost Efficiency, Cost Benchmarking, Break-even Analysis, Finance, Real Estate, Intellectual Property Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Revenue & Expense Projections, Revenue Optimization, Revenue Management, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Integrated Financial Statements, Budgeting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Finance Strategy
- Drove the valuation process, provided leadership support to the team during due diligence processes, and led the integration teams during the acquisitions of three companies, each worth approximately $125+ million in enterprise value.
- Built detailed, long-term planning model for new product announcements.
- Provided detailed financial decision support for over 100 complex contracts annually.
- Developed, negotiated, and executed global facility/site plan for 300+ developers.
- Provided detailed budget and strategic plan for over $350 million in revenue and $300 million in expenses.
Controller, Safer Planet2012 - 2013IBM
Focus areas: Corporate Finance, Finance Strategy, Strategic Planning & Execution, Budgeting, Return Analysis, Purchase Price Allocation, Profit & Loss (P&L), Project Finance, Financial Accounting, Revenue & Expense Projections, Revenue Optimization, Revenue Management, Integrated Financial Statements
- Integrated two acquired companies, delivering a combined $250 million in annual revenue.
- Prepared external earning call decks for review with senior leadership team.
- Designed process improvements for marketing programs. Resulted in pipeline increase of 10% over a six-month period and in increased effectiveness through a 5% reduction in year-to-year costs.
- Created detailed budget for all functional areas of the business.
Director, Corporate Accounting2010 - 2012IBM
Focus areas: Budgeting, Intangible Asset Valuation, Purchase Price Allocation, Asset Valuation, Financial Modeling, Compensation Plans, Revenue Recognition, Integration
- Directed team of existing employees through a year of accounting activities after they had been notified that their positions would be eliminated.
- Built financial models for budgeting and forecasting purposes.
- Transitioned accounting practices to IBM standards.
- Revised control environment to comply with IBM standards.
- Transitioned complex commission structure to IBM while maintaining 100% accuracy on commission payments, attainments, and override calculations.
Director, Corporate Accounting2010 - 2010Sterling Commerce
Focus areas: Balance Sheets, Credit Card Processing, Customer Lifetime Value, Financial Systems, Close Procedures, Quarterly, Revenue & Expense Projections, Revenue Management, Accounting, General Ledgers
- Raised transactional revenue by partnering with marketing team to capture key customer demographics, resulting in more consistent pricing.
- Developed data warehouse to track all customer demographic information as well as pricing and lifetime value metrics.
- Built out reporting and key performance indicators by customer; used by marketing to further segment and drive revenue activity.
- Slashed four weeks from sales cycle and raised margins in the Software as a Service (cloud) business by revamping approval process as well as by documenting and executing discount escalation policy.
- Established standardized pricing approval process for RFP's (request for proposals), including clarification of discount levels and authority levels for delegation purposes.
Manager, Financial Report2007 - 2010Sterling Commerce
Focus areas: Team Building, Financial Systems, Internal Audits, Management, Audits, Compensation Plans, Accounting Consolidation, Internal Financial Reporting, External Financial Reporting
- Aligned organization by creating close and quarterly disclosure processes.
- Provided financial results in SEC reporting format for external reporting; planned and led external audit.
- Enhanced enterprise resource planning system by designing access controls.
- Redesigned security and improved data integrity through best practice assessment and issue remediation process.
Controller (Director), UPS Business Unit2005 - 2007Emerson Network Power / Liebert
Focus areas: Pitch Decks, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Reporting, Unit Pricing, Price Analysis, Management, Audits, Production Accounting, Accounting Consolidation, Strategic Planning & Execution, Operational Finance, Cost Accounting, Decision Support
- Rolled out targeted price increases, increasing revenue by about 7%.
- Analyzed and built model to alleviate purchase price variance issues on commodity inputs.
- Redesigned discount authorization process.
- Led annual, worldwide audit of all uninterruptible power supply manufacturing plants.
- Led customer segmentation and demographic models to further differentiate pricing levels.