Verified Expert in Finance
Toluwani is a CFA charter holder and seasoned finance professional. He has helped companies raise over $7 million in seed and debt funding in the last two years. Toluwani has worked as an investment banking analyst, consulted for a Big Four firm, and led the corporate finance teams at other companies. He advises clients as a financial planning and analysis (FP&A), financial model, valuation, and pitch book expert.
Private Assessment of a $167 Million Paints Company
Head of Corporate Finance and Revenue Assurance
- Prepared a five-year forecast for the company and its subsidiaries, which resulted in an undisclosed eight-digit USD investment.
- Led a team of six analysts and associates to recover over $300,000 from various sources.
- Conducted the due diligence of prospective target companies with recommendations provided to the investment committee.
- Built a five-year business case model for two successfully launched products.
- Assisted the team that prepared and consolidated the company's annual budget.
KPMG Professional Services
- Built a financial model to establish a proposed pan-African payment settlement system with an investment target of above $3 million.
- Provided vendor due diligence transaction advisory services to an international private equity investor on the proposed disposal of their investment.
- Provided valuation services for a strategic investor on their proposed investment in the logistics arm of an indigenous oil and gas midstream/downstream operator.
Project Coordinator/Finance Associate
- Acted as project coordinator and a member of the finance team that supported the acquisition of a 1,000 hectare land in a free trade zone area with an estimated valuation of $216–336 million.
- Prepared internally and externally targeted presentations, financial models, and documentation to regulators and individual/foreign institutional investors towards taking possession, title issuance, and off-plan acquisition of the project land.
- Prepared cash flow forecasts/business plans towards the acquisition of similar land projects.
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepared a budget model for the 2015 and 2016 financial years and a five-year forecast, which captured the peculiarities of the consumer finance operations of the firm and resulted in a 70-80% savings over the purchase of a general budget software package.
- Developed several models and presentations, instrumental in closing deposit mobilization and strategic sales partnership deals of above $1 million.
- Participated in several deals, which included debt factoring (N200 million), dollar deposit deals ($1 million), etc., for the company.
- Prepared a strategy document and a five-year financial projection for new branches for regulatory (CBN) approval, which was granted and resulted in the opening of four additional branches within the state.
- Provided input on projects involving sell-side advisory, mergers and acquisition, capital raise across financial services, oil and gas, and consumer sectors.
- Analyzed revenue and costs for business units to track performance against budget, note, and investigate sources of variances.
- Conducted company and industry research (using Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc.) for investment analysis.
- Prepared draft pitch books and financial models involving the valuation of target companies.
- Generated accurate monthly and weekly variance analysis reports with insightful recommendations to support management decision-making.
- Part of the team involved in the preparation, review and justification of budgets for exploration in prospective oil assets.
- Participated in the 100% IFRS conversion process for the company's financials.
Funds Transfer Officer
- Completed clients' interbank and intrabank fund transfer requests within the stipulated service level agreement on a daily basis.
- Processed customer cheques and validated customers' dividend warrants for onward transfer into customers' accounts with 98% accuracy.
- Posted financial transactions into the relevant ledger accounts of the bank's ERP at a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
University of Lagos - Lagos, Nigeria
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria