Verified Expert in Finance
Tom was CFO of RPB Safety from 2010 until its acquisition by GVS s.p.a. in August 2021, after growing enterprise value to $200 million. His skill set is operational finance focusing on increasing gross profit and creating financial data accuracy and ERP systems that enable growth. He understands what drives value in a business and believes that systems, structure, and accuracy are key drivers during the M&A process. Tom's goal is to enable executives to make decisions with confidence.
Epicor ERP Implementation
- Co-created a joint venture program for overseas investors enabling a lower barrier to entry to the North American market, which allowed companies to increase market share rapidly.
- Analyzed potential investments for private equity investors in the SME startup segment for clients.
- Consulted on a multinational merger that would increase total company value by two times immediately and four times upon exit.
- Analyzed financial statements for an international company looking to expand its footprint to the USA, resulting in significant overhead savings and increased cash position.
- Advised on ERP system setup to enable growth in international business looking to expand in the USA at 30% growth rates.
- Oversaw the transition of operations from New Zealand to Michigan, USA, to allow for exponential growth in the North American market, increasing company valuation from $10 million to $200 million.
- Played a key role in enabling owners to exit the business for more than three times their original ambitions.
- Oversaw FP&A to enable RPB to grow organically and become one of the most respected brands in the industrial and healthcare respiratory markets against large competitors such as 3M and Honeywell.
- Managed an extensive Epicor ERP implementation, which enabled significant growth of 50% during the pandemic with very little strain on the infrastructure, allowing the business to focus on producing quality products with no downtime.
- Oversaw the supply chain crisis during the pandemic working with supply chain staff to ensure supply was always available, leading to RPB being the only manufacturer of powered air-purifying respirators (PAPR) with inventory during critical periods.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring