Verified Expert in Finance
Ton has been a finance professional for the last 15 years, both as a financial expert in FP&A and investment roles at corporates and as a Fractional CFO at startups in the US, Canada, and Vietnam. He founded and exited a healthtech startup. Ton's expertise spans tech startups, retail, eCommerce, SaaS, and healthcare. His work includes financial modeling, FP&A, private investments, investment analysis, fundraising, due diligence, and business planning.
- Oversaw the finance function and reduced a client company burn rate from $100,000 monthly to break even.
- Prepared all financial data, pitch deck, and business plan that helped a company raise $3 million in funding.
- Managed finances of a SaaS company, improved the company valuation 2-3 times by exiting a bad deal and setting the financial success for the next funding rounds.
Finance Manager | Investment Analysis, Capital Management, and eCommerce
- Built business cases and secured approval for three distribution centers. The largest automated distribution center obtained $460 million in investment and $60 million in annual benefits.
- Analyzed a pharmacy business and developed key financial negotiation factors in a $2 billion annual contract negotiation with a new vendor, creating a $160 million benefit.
- Led a business case and secured approval for a fulfillment center acquisition for $50 million, created an immediate $20 million annual benefit on P&L, and successfully handled the financial system integration process.
- Managed capital investment in annual capital expenditure of $550 million in 2020 and performed within less than 5% budget variance, the best performance in the last 10 years.
- Evaluated the performance of 430 stores and recommended investment priorities and store closings, leading the potential income margin from 8.2% to 8.7%.
- Handled FP&A for an eCommerce supply chain business with $700 in annual sales.
- Founded a healthtech app before COVID-19 and grew the business to 60,000 users and nearly 1,000 doctors during COVID-19. Exited after selling the tech to various competitors.
- Onboarded 700 doctors from different specialties on the app in six months. Grew the total number of users from 1,000 to 45,000 in one year.
- Developed a network of labs to take samples from home that coved 50% of Vietnam's population.
- Developed an operational analysis and sold the main asset for $20 million while keeping the same business performance through no-asset alternatives.
- Built the first business of technology transfer from Japan to Vietnam.
- Invested in one hospital and one healthcare investment company with more than $10 million each.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Ivey Business School - London, Ontario, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
Vietnam National University - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam