Verified Expert in Finance
Ton has been a finance professional for the last 15 years, both as a financial expert in FP&A and investment roles at corporates and as a Fractional CFO at startups in the US, Canada, and Vietnam. He founded and exited a healthtech startup. Ton's expertise spans tech startups, retail, eCommerce, SaaS, and healthcare. His work includes financial modeling, FP&A, private investments, investment analysis, fundraising, due diligence, and business planning.
- Oversaw the finance function and reduced a client company burn rate from $100,000 monthly to break even.
- Prepared all financial data, pitch deck, and business plan that helped a company raise $3 million in funding.
- Managed finances of a SaaS company, improved the company valuation 2-3 times by exiting a bad deal and setting the financial success for the next funding rounds.
Finance Manager | Investment Analysis, Capital Management, and eCommerce
- Built business cases and secured approval for three distribution centers. The largest automated distribution center obtained $460 million in investment and $60 million in annual benefits.
- Analyzed a pharmacy business and developed key financial negotiation factors in a $2 billion annual contract negotiation with a new vendor, creating a $160 million benefit.
- Led a business case and secured approval for a fulfillment center acquisition for $50 million, created an immediate $20 million annual benefit on P&L, and successfully handled the financial system integration process.
- Managed capital investment in annual capital expenditure of $550 million in 2020 and performed within less than 5% budget variance, the best performance in the last 10 years.
- Evaluated the performance of 430 stores and recommended investment priorities and store closings, leading the potential income margin from 8.2% to 8.7%.
- Handled FP&A for an eCommerce supply chain business with $700 in annual sales.
- Founded a healthtech app before COVID-19 and grew the business to 60,000 users and nearly 1,000 doctors during COVID-19. Exited after selling the tech to various competitors.
- Onboarded 700 doctors from different specialties on the app in six months. Grew the total number of users from 1,000 to 45,000 in one year.
- Developed a network of labs to take samples from home that coved 50% of Vietnam's population.
- Developed an operational analysis and sold the main asset for $20 million while keeping the same business performance through no-asset alternatives.
- Built the first business of technology transfer from Japan to Vietnam.
- Invested in one hospital and one healthcare investment company with more than $10 million each.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Ivey Business School - London, Ontario, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
Vietnam National University - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring