Director of Strategy and Development, Digital Division2017 - PRESENTLagardere Active
Focus areas: Investments, Funding Strategy, M&A (Sell-side), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Defined the strategy for entry into the eHealth and financial technology markets and executed the go-forward market entry strategy including the initiation of growth projects and screening potential M&A opportunities.
- Led the acquisition of Animal Box, a leader in pet subscription eCommerce, including negotiating with the sellers and raising funds to complete the transaction.
- Conducted a behavior study on pharmaceuticals and drugs to drive the eHealth strategy forward, leading to the establishment of partnerships and the creation of a proof of concept.
- Led divestitures of ten separate operations within the Largardere Active digital portfolio.
Founder2016 - 2017Juridique Club
Focus areas: Budgeting, Financial Modeling, Startup Funding
- Founded a SaaS platform to facilitate legal team collaboration, acting as the CEO and leading the strategic presentation to potential investors and funding of the company.
CFO, Digital Division2012 - 2016Lagardere Active
Focus areas: M&A Earn-out Agreements, M&A Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Managed Lagardere Active's Digital Division which was growing at a rate of 40%+ per annum and 300%+ cumulatively over four years.
- Led the settlement of budget and forecasts as well as the management and improvement of trade working capital.
- Optimized and managed the balance sheet through various strategic initiatives including liquidations, share sales, mergers, and stock compensation.
- Managed M&A activities including leading the evaluation, due diligence, negotiations, and the integration of the new subsidiaries including Billetreduc.com and Mondocteur.com.
- Launched Doctipharma, a leading French online pharmaceutical eCommerce platform, and Mexican health and wellness information platform et Doctissimo, to further the eHealth strategy.
- Validated the statutory accounts, settlement of financial statements, and adapted to the evolution of financial standards including IFRS 15.
- Managed internal controls including audit follow up and the establishment of an action plan.
Financial Controller2007 - 2012Lagardere Active
Focus areas: Financial System Implementation, Financial Reporting, Budgeting
- Managed the financial controls for the French digital publishing department, established financial monitoring for a new department and reported the digital activity of Lagardere Active, a subsidiary with €130 million of revenue and 30 companies worldwide.
- Led the integration of the accounting, sales, and human resource departments for all digital acquisitions.
Financial Controller2003 - 2007Bouygues Telecom
Focus areas: Financial Reporting, Financial System Implementation, Revenue Modeling
- Managed the revenue forecast and reforecast for a business with €3.5 billion of revenue per year.
- Established the ABC method for the forecast round of the 2,000-person IT department.