Verified Expert in Finance
A Paris-Dauphine graduate pursuing his MBA at Paris-La Sorbonne, Tristan has served as the CFO and director of strategy and development for a prominent subsidiary at Lagardere, a leading French media conglomerate. He possesses extensive strategy and finance experience and led acquisitions that drove an IRR of 30%. He freelances to help entrepreneurs and managers evaluate and implement financial and operational strategies to grow their businesses.
Director of Strategy and Development, Digital Division
- Defined the strategy for entry into the eHealth and financial technology markets and executed the go-forward market entry strategy including the initiation of growth projects and screening potential M&A opportunities.
- Led the acquisition of Animal Box, a leader in pet subscription eCommerce, including negotiating with the sellers and raising funds to complete the transaction.
- Conducted a behavior study on pharmaceuticals and drugs to drive the eHealth strategy forward, leading to the establishment of partnerships and the creation of a proof of concept.
- Led divestitures of ten separate operations within the Largardere Active digital portfolio.
- Founded a SaaS platform to facilitate legal team collaboration, acting as the CEO and leading the strategic presentation to potential investors and funding of the company.
CFO, Digital Division
- Managed Lagardere Active's Digital Division which was growing at a rate of 40%+ per annum and 300%+ cumulatively over four years.
- Led the settlement of budget and forecasts as well as the management and improvement of trade working capital.
- Optimized and managed the balance sheet through various strategic initiatives including liquidations, share sales, mergers, and stock compensation.
- Managed M&A activities including leading the evaluation, due diligence, negotiations, and the integration of the new subsidiaries including Billetreduc.com and Mondocteur.com.
- Launched Doctipharma, a leading French online pharmaceutical eCommerce platform, and Mexican health and wellness information platform et Doctissimo, to further the eHealth strategy.
- Validated the statutory accounts, settlement of financial statements, and adapted to the evolution of financial standards including IFRS 15.
- Managed internal controls including audit follow up and the establishment of an action plan.
- Managed the financial controls for the French digital publishing department, established financial monitoring for a new department and reported the digital activity of Lagardere Active, a subsidiary with €130 million of revenue and 30 companies worldwide.
- Led the integration of the accounting, sales, and human resource departments for all digital acquisitions.
- Managed the revenue forecast and reforecast for a business with €3.5 billion of revenue per year.
- Established the ABC method for the forecast round of the 2,000-person IT department.
Postgraduate Program in International Business
Panthéon-Sorbonne University - Paris, France
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Paris-Dauphine University - Paris, France
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring