Vin Luyen, MBA, PMP
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Vin is an executive with 18+ years of experience across several industries in the US and Asian markets. In his career, he assisted renowned clients in growing and maintaining competitive advantage through strategy development, change management, business transformation, and project management. Vin is a highly efficient professional with the experience, drive, and skill set needed to successfully lead global teams in delivering his clients' milestones.
Customer Experience Strategy for Retail Banking
Chief Strategy Officer, CFO
Melon Group (PE Firm)
- Raised investment capital for a startup valued at US$3 million. Managed growth strategy and set up company operations overseas.
- Established partnerships with industry leaders in key business segments, garnering a potential 10% market share for these key business segments.
- Achieved a 30% increase in revenue over three months in one of the business segments compared to similar-sized firms.
- Managed to stay 5% below budget to fully achieve local presence in Vietnam.
Turnleaf Management Advisory
- Coached entry-level to senior management on personal development, conflict management, and stress management.
- Mentored entry-level to senior management on career development, including confidence building, leadership skills, and communication skills.
- Provided leadership coaching focusing on psychological aspects, such as responsibility matrix and mental well-being.
Director – Technology Consulting
- Developed the customer experience strategy for a global eCommerce client to increase online traffic by 30% while further enhancing customer experience through a customer survey.
- Built a project based on the Agile methodology for a banking client to improve work productivity across the organization, netting 25% in work hours reallocated to other responsibilities.
- Led a global team in migrating the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to SAP in three countries across four time zones. Effectively steered projects on time and within budget to achieve regional milestones.
Regional Process Efficiency Manager
- Developed processes to reduce the turnaround time of loan applications by 65% (21 days to 7 days), thereby increasing the customer pipeline by 35% for new business.
- Digitized the order entry process in retail banking, saving USD$500,000 on resources spent on application processing.
- Crafted a digital customer journey mapping to enable faster access and flexibility for loan repayment. The project resulted in streamlining digital assets across the bank to transform technology processes.
- Built cost control strategies for a marketing organization to net USD$2 million in spending reallocation. As a result, the organization gained credibility to drive initiatives.
- Researched and developed a B2B partnership model to build market share for the Visa Checkout App, allowing the chief marketing officer (CMO) and his team to set tangible client acquisition financial targets.
- Developed training programs for the sales and marketing teams on systems and tools, processes, and financial management. Consequently, the organization optimized the budgeting process by 25%. Being on time in the full budget submission.
- Collaborated and developed the customer journey strategy to identify new revenue streams. As a result, we effectively targeted clients and increased revenue by 5% year over year.
- Supported the advanced data analytics team in identifying optimal customer touchpoints for marketing campaign targeting. As a result, the team increased the conversion rate by 10% compared to its prior efforts.
- Selected and managed multiple IT vendors to perform big data projects. Completed the projects on time and the deliverables contributed to an uptick in clients' account conversion.
- Developed an end-to-end business reporting platform leveraging Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, and the in-house ERP, enabling the CMO and his team to make informed decisions using reliable and valid information from the system.
- Engineered a data cleaning process to remove duplicate data from the revenue reporting. The effort resulted in accurate and reliable financial reporting on behalf of the organization.
- Crafted a process to segment the sales and marketing contributions to the pipeline. This way, the organization could better understand and execute organizational priorities and produce accurate business reporting for CMO and the company.
Business Planning Manager
- Executed a project to streamline the product portfolio, netting USD$50 million in savings by sunsetting non-performing stock-keeping units (SKU), going from 100,000 to 50,000 SKUs. This effort contributed to the product alignment across regions.
- Collaborated and devised a web portal to capture intellectual capital for new product innovation, resulting in several ideas that were successfully commercialized and generated USD$5 million in incremental revenue.
- Directed business planning for 3,300 full-time equivalent (FTE) organizations and netted USD$6 million in savings due to effective financial management and project stewardship. Commended by leadership.
- Leveraged ERP and customer relationship management (CRM) systems to analyze business performance, resulting in projects aimed at cost efficiencies and revenue-focused initiatives.
Director – Marketing Data Operations
- Built a performance reporting platform to support the company's marketing and sales strategy. The platform was recognized as a benchmark reporting tool.
- Optimized CRM and digital data, including Salesforce, Siebel, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO), to enhance validity and reliability for management reporting.
- Developed a sales conversion model to track marketing and sales conversion through online channels. The process was approved and adopted for the digital pipeline.
Manager – Systems and Data Projects
- Oversaw talented teams of analysts and business users complete key data projects on migration, compliance, reconciliation, user acceptance testing (UAT), and training for the Asia Pacific region.
- Developed a cost control strategy and accurately administered a $100 million procurement budget in finance systems.
- Led business systems’ data reconciliation to reduce $12 to $14 million in revenue discrepancy to zero.
- Spearheaded the global ERP platform data migration project to Oracle to comply with business and legal requirements.
- Provided training for 500 end-users for enterprise-level applications.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Strategic Management
California State University, East Bay - Hayward, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Communication
University of California, Davis - Davis, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
University of California, Davis - Davis, CA, USA
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring