Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Vincent has experience as a management consultant, entrepreneur, and general manager. After his first assignments in Europe, he gained extensive knowledge of emerging markets in North Africa and the Middle East. His primary skills include market research, market entry strategy, business planning, organization restructuring, controlling, and performance management. Vincent has carried out projects in numerous contexts but specializes in consumer packaged goods (CPG) and industrial sectors.
- Helped create and manage the first truck tires retreading services company in Algeria (invested 4.5 million Euros with 50 employees). Launched in 2020 during the pandemic. Reported quarterly to the board of shareholders.
- Ensured the reorientation of the initial strategy from product sales to a service business to tackle the consequences of the sanitary crisis and the related organizational restructuring.
- Supervised the factory set up, product testing, and product launch. Managed production during an interim phase.
- Participated in brand and communication tools creation.
- Supported critical account development and negotiation of retreading service agreements with the leading logistic operators in the country.
- Negotiated a sales partnership with a world-leading truck tire manufacturer to jointly approach critical accounts within the logistics sector.
- Participated in negotiating a bridge financing agreement with a local private equity fund.
Managing Partner - Founder
Quadrant Management Consulting
- Founded a boutique advisory firm helping foreign investors to enter the Algerian market. Supported local private groups in the development and consolidation of their business.
- Adopted from 2014 onwards a hybrid work policy, allowed by using tools like Slack and Trello with our in-house consultants, freelancers, and even with our clients when appropriate.
- Realized a market entry strategy for a $500 million subsidiary: competition benchmark, retail field study, focus groups, customer experience maps, site location study, acquisition targets identification, and greenfield versus acquisition comparison.
- Helped the top management/board of a $160 million family-owned group, one of the largest beverage producers in Algeria. Formulated their strategy into actionable objectives and related action plans through workshops.
- Managed ERP vendors and integrators selection and performed PMO on Odoo (ERP) implementation for a large dairy products import company.
- Performed research for the Algerian biscuit market for the largest Indian biscuit manufacturer ($1.7 billion in turnover) considering investing in Algeria.
- Designed and implemented a controlling function within a $350 million family-owned group. Created organizational design (chart, job descriptions, and processes), recruitment, and team training. Supported during the first budget/control cycles.
- Formulated a diversification strategy and the subsequent organizational strategy for a public water desalination company owning assets totaling $3.5 billion, a subsidiary of the national oil and gas group, Sonatrach. Presented to the Board.
General Manager - Founder
Alice Gourmandises (La Namuroise)
- Developed a greenfield project in the food processing industry. Produced spongecakes and muffins. Sold the company in 2013 to Promasidor, an over 700 million dollar pan-African FMCG group operating in over 30 countries.
- Managed the project preparation, market research, vendors and suppliers identification, location search, business planning, bank roadshow, and company registration and affiliations.
- Organized the production line imports and supervised the factory set up. Oversaw structural work, utility systems, auxiliary equipment (HVAC and air disinfection), and installation and commissioning of the production line.
- Participated in sourcing ingredient suppliers. Supervised product development, developed branding and packaging with communication agency, and recruited and trained factory and distribution staff.
- Developed key accounts and managed distribution contracts with Algeria's three biggest supermarket distributors. Organized sampling events in significant sales points and created and managed web and social network presence.
- Dealt with co-distribution partnerships with established production companies and organized retail promotion actions with our distributors.
Deputy General Manager Algiers Representative Office
- Oversaw the local office set up and official registration. Grew staff from zero to 40 consulting, audit, and tax and legal professionals, including recruiting, training, and mentoring. Supervised financial planning and reporting to the regional board.
- Defined and implemented the go-to-market strategy. Organized public events and participated in professional fairs. Established and extended professional networks within private and public sectors and government and professional associations.
- Oversaw the development of local revenues from zero to one million Euros yearly. Maintained offshore income by initiating large-scale projects involving Paris, Tunis, and Luxembourg offices on international calls for tenders in the public sector.
- Supervised consulting projects like acquisition targets selection and commercial approach of the targets for a significant Egyptian telecom operator, labor market study for an aluminum smelter project, and market research for a Korean telecom company.
Advisory Services Manager
- Redesigned the treasury and cash management organization of the Algerian state-owned "Oil and Gas Group." Included analysis, the definition of four scenarios, and support in selecting the best scenario.
- Participated in editors/integrators selection process of a treasury and cash management software for the Algerian state-owned "Oil and Gas Group."
- Managed a team of ten consultants on a USD 5 million treasury and cash management system implementation project within the Sonatrach Group on 70+ sites throughout the country. Led PMO configuration, pilot testing, deployment, and user trainings.
- Controlled cash revenues and expenditures (CAPEX/OPEX budgeting) for an alternative telecom startup (fixed line and MVNO) during a fast European expansion (10 countries). Implemented relevant KPIs.
- Implemented activity-based cost analysis for a nationwide beverage distributor. Redesigned the company organization to match rapid growth.
- Redesigned the organization of a governmental administration to allow for increased efficiency of citizens services.
- Redesigned all the processes of a bank purchasing department in a post acquisition context.
Sales and Marketing Controller
- Worked on sales and marketing controlling of Siemens subsidiaries worldwide.
- Implemented balanced scorecards within the whole business unit.
- Monitored the implementation of a restructuring plan designed by McKinsey. Resulted in 2.5 million Euros in cost reduction a year.
- Took charge of miscellaneous projects for the board of the industrial turbines and power plants business unit (i.e., participation in a US-GAAP implementation task force).
Master's Degree in Economics and Business Administration
HEC - Liège - Liège, Belgium
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and Distribution
IESN - Henallux - Namur, Belgium