Santander UK plc
2016 - PRESENT
- Reports and analyzes credit provisions across all of Santander UK plc business units (customer asset balance c. £200 billion).
- Benchmarks and analyzes the fee income of all of Santander UK - includes discovery of income generating opportunities.
- Supports the Santander UK plc finance director and financial controller with ad hoc financial analyses and projects.
- Analyzes Santander UK annual budget (net income c. £1.5 billion) and the sensitivities to key economic assumptions.
- Supports the implementation of the IFRS 9 accounting standard from a finance point of view which includes a major methodology change for the calculation of credit provisions (balance c. £1 billion).
Focus areas: Financial Analysis, Financial Control, P&L Analysis, Budgeting, Process Improvement & Automation, Competitor Analysis & Profiling, Projects, Provisions & Non Performing Loans Analysis, Profitability Analysis, Financial Modeling & Valuation
Finance Management Information & Planning Analyst
Santander UK Corporate & Commercial Bank
2015 - 2016
- Consolidated and controlled M/E income reporting across the SCCB product teams (revenue c. £600 million).
- Produced monthly SCCB management packs and P&L commentary.
- Liaised with central finance concerning groups, statutory, regulation and ad hoc reporting.
- Collaborated actively on projects within department and across finance function.
- Leveraged relationships and led initiatives to resolve issues and to improve communication.
- Performed large-scale data manipulation and contributed data process expertise.
Focus areas: Financial Control, P&L Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Regulatory Reporting, Projects, Investor & Board Presentation Development, Management Presentation Development, Process Improvement & Automation, Competitor Analysis & Profiling
Assistant Accountant, Beauty & Technology Services Divisions
The Hut Group
2013 - 2015
- Performed commercial reporting and analysis for a leading global online beauty retailer.
- Supported the financial data process within the finance/purchasing/sales divisions in a highly-transactional, fast-paced, big-data environment—including P&L analysis and pricing decision support.
- Indirectly managed the purchase ledger, sales ledger, stock and fulfilment functions (c. 20 colleagues).
- Did project accounting and was a finance business partner for technology services contracts including Nintendo, the Daily Mail, and Unilever.
- Liaised with 3rd parties and internally to maximize financial benefits and supported operations.
- Supported non-finance managers in new projects/initiatives.
- Performed intra-month P&L forecasting.
- Performed balance sheet accounting for 8 legal entities.
Focus areas: Commercial Reporting, Pricing Decision Support, P&L Analysis, Project Accounting, Business Partnering, Financial Control, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Assistant Management Accountant
Daisy Group plc
2012 - 2013
- Maintained and reconciled the fixed asset register (capital spend £6 million per annum); started CapEx project accounting.
- Performed bank reconciliation (500,000 transactions per annum); completed a reconciliation process overhaul.
- Managed and reported expenses accounting (£15 million per annum); liaised and reviewed with non-finance budget holders.
- Automated and prepared KPIs for the Daisy Retail monthly board meetings; provided ad hoc support to managers.
- Maintained end-to-end responsibility for JV management accounts (£10 million per annum): responsible for full set of accounts production; provided oversight over purchase ledger & billing; VAT returns; was the point-of-contact for any accounts related matters.
- Supported the Retail head of finance with monthly results collation and reporting.
Focus areas: Management Accounting, Project Accounting, MS Excel/Access Application Development, Process Improvement & Automation, KPIs