Project Finance Manager
Santander UK plc
2016 - PRESENT
- Reported and analyzed customer asset provisions across all of Santander UK plc business units (customer loans balance c. £200 billion).
- Benchmarked and analyzed the fee income of all of Santander UK—discovering income generating opportunities.
- Supported the Santander UK plc finance director and financial controller with ad hoc financial analyses and projects.
- Analyzed Santander UK annual budget (net income c. £1.5 billion) and comprehended the sensitivities to key economic assumptions.
- Contributed towards the preparation and implementation of a retail operations ring-fencing plan.
Focus areas: Financial Analysis, Financial Control, P&L Analysis, Budgeting, Process Improvement & Automation, Competitor Analysis & Profiling, Projects, Provisions & Non Performing Loans Analysis, Profitability Analysis, Financial Modeling & Valuation
Finance Management Information & Planning Analyst
Santander UK Corporate & Commercial Bank
2015 - 2016
- Consolidated and controlled M/E income reporting across the SCCB product teams (revenue c. £600 million).
- Produced monthly SCCB management packs and P&L commentary.
- Liaised with central finance concerning groups, statutory, regulation and ad hoc reporting.
- Collaborated actively on projects within department and across finance function.
- Leveraged relationships and led initiatives to resolve issues and to improve communication.
- Performed large-scale data manipulation and contributed data process expertise.
Focus areas: Financial Control, P&L Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Regulatory Reporting, Projects, Investor & Board Presentation Development, Management Presentation Development, Process Improvement & Automation, Competitor Analysis & Profiling
Assistant Accountant, Beauty & Technology Services Divisions
The Hut Group
2013 - 2015
- Performed commercial reporting and analysis for a leading global online beauty retailer.
- Supported the financial data process within the finance/purchasing/sales divisions in a highly-transactional, fast-paced, big-data environment—including P&L analysis and pricing decision support.
- Indirectly managed of the purchase ledger, sales ledger, stock and fulfillment functions (c. 20 colleagues).
- Did project accounting for technology services contracts including Nintendo, the Daily Mail, and Unilever.
- Liaised with 3rd parties and internally to maximize financial benefits and support operations.
- Supported non-finance managers in new projects/initiatives.
- Performed intra-month P&L forecasting.
- Performed balance sheet accounting for 8 legal entities.
Focus areas: Commercial Reporting, Pricing Decision Support, P&L Analysis, Project Accounting, Business Partnering, Financial Control, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Assistant Management Accountant
Daisy Group plc
2012 - 2013
- Maintained and tidied the fixed asset register (spending £6 million per annum); the start of CapEx project accounting.
- Performed bank reconciliation (500,000 transactions per annum); a complete reconciliation process overhaul.
- Managed and reported on expenses accounting (£15 million per annum); liaised and reviewed with non-finance budget holders.
- Automated and prepared KPIs for the Daisy Retail monthly board meetings; providing ad hoc manager support.
- Maintained end-to-end responsibility for JV management accounts (£10 million per annum; responsible for set of accounts production; provided oversight over purchase ledger & billing; VAT returns; was the point-of-contact for any accounts related matters).
- Supported the retail head of finance with monthly results collation and reporting.
Focus areas: Management Accounting, Project Accounting, MS Excel/Access Application Development, Process Improvement & Automation, KPIs