Wan Lung Eng
Verified Expert in Finance
Wan Lung has executed more than $50 billion of M&A and capital markets transactions for startups, growth companies, and enterprises in the technology, media, and telecommunications sectors. Some of Wan Lung's clients include Vice Media, King Entertainment, AT&T, and Disney. Freelancing allows him to engage with exciting companies and entrepreneurs across sectors.
- Executed the company's first institutional capital raise of $5.9 million. Directed due diligence and negotiated transaction documents and agreements.
- Developed internal governance structure and processes, implemented reporting systems to ensure accuracy and timeliness, and provided actionable analysis for financial performance, trends, and long-term forecasts.
- Prepared an interactive monthly financial forecast model with easily adjustable key assumptions and the ability to conduct "what if" scenario analysis.
- Developed a capital raise strategy and successfully executed an IPO on the London Stock Exchange. Raised $16 million.
- Increased the private company valuation of $40 million in 2020 to a fully diluted valuation of $150 million at IPO in 2021 by executing an organizational restructuring, a product pricing and marketing restructuring, and an international expansion.
- Increased revenue from $5.8 million in 2019 to $17.3 million in 2020 by securing new Government contracts with a creative pricing structure. Secured additional government contracts valued at $40.5 million in 2021.
- Drove profitability of the company for the first time from a net loss of $3.1 million in 2019 to a net profit of $1.2 million in 2020, including approximately 30% in cost savings through organizational structuring and cost management.
- Improved the operating cash flow from a negative cash flow of $1.6 million in 2019 to a positive cash flow of $3.8 million in 2020.
- Led equity and debt placement, investor relations, securities compliance, public financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, the monitoring of internal controls, treasury management, tax planning, and risk management.
SVP and CFO
- Authored the business plan, developed a five-year monthly financial forecast, managed investor due diligence, and negotiated transaction documents and agreements. Raised capital from prominent family offices and ultra-high net worth individuals.
- Prepared an interactive five-year monthly financial forecast model with easily adjustable key assumptions and the ability to conduct 'what if' scenario analysis.
- Managed business, financial, and technical due diligence for domestic and international joint ventures, negotiated valuations, and prepared and executed legal documents.
Senior Vice President
RBC Capital Markets
- Led coverage of digital media, as well as coverage partner on several media production and interactive entertainment sectors companies.
- Led deal execution across M&A, private placement, leveraged finance and equity transactions.
- Originated and executed more than $1 billion in M&A transactions, $500 million in equity financing and $3 billion in debt financing.
- Raised $250 million for Vice Media from sale of minority stake to Disney, creating the largest digital media company in the world by equity value in 2015.
- Advised Vice Media on $850 million acquisition of H2 cable network from A+E Networks, and enabled the company to diversify its revenue streams and expand its business offerings to differentiate itself from media conglomerates.
- Replaced Goldman Sachs and UBS as sole private placement agent and successfully raised $50 million for Legendary Entertainment from Canadian pension fund within one month of marketing.
- Committed $3 billion of corporate loans to Film and TV Production companies, such as Disney, Viacom, MGM, Lionsgate, DHX Media and Entertainment One, and established RBC as the leading lender to the entertainment industry.
- Originated and executed principal investments, M&A, and capital markets transactions for Macquarie Group in the telecommunications, media, and technology sectors.
- Developed thesis around new business offerings for portfolio companies and convinced the board of directors to pursue these opportunities.
- Negotiated and secured $800 million term loans and $900 million securitizations with new and existing lenders.
- Developed a comprehensive working knowledge of the analysis, structuring, and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, debt financings, and equity offerings.
- Created detailed financial models to value public and private companies, evaluate acquisitions and buyouts, analyze funding needs, and assess pro forma impact of capital markets transactions.
- Executed more than $50 billion of M&A and $12 billion of capital markets transactions, generating $80 million in fees that accounted for more than 20% of the group’s cumulative revenue over two years.
- Conducted due diligence and drafted information memorandum and marketing materials.
- Prepared financial models, valuation and leverage analyses, board materials, committee memoranda and confidential information memoranda for various M&A, debt financings, and equity offerings.
- Designed and built complex financial models to perform valuation, capital structure, and leverage analyses.
- Analyzed industry trends, competitors, customers, and business model changes to develop a proactive understanding of market opportunities; performed systematic analyses to deliver solutions to clients.
- Created presentations to pitch products and transactions to clients and investors.
Temasek Holdings (CIAS International)
- Designed strategic plan to develop a market overview and evaluate investment opportunities; resulted in bids in excess of $800 million, executed four acquisitions and three joint ventures in Asia, North America, and Europe.
- Created complex operating models, performed financial analysis and conducted due diligence; efforts consisted of reviewing financial records, strategic plans, environmental reports, and legal contracts as well as management interviews and industry research.
- Developed and implemented business and marketing strategies for a portfolio company to provide commercial microbiological testing and hygiene inspection. New services generated more than $185,000 in revenue for food production portfolio company in the first year.
- Created business development and strategic plans for portfolio companies in the food production, logistics, and aviation services sectors. Analyzed strategic fit and valuation of potential acquisition targets, reviewed debt agreements, and evaluated exit opportunities.
- Advised senior management teams of portfolio companies on strategic alternatives and analyzed potential acquisitions.
Singaporean Armed Forces
- Led 15-member work improvement team in designing and implementing a manpower resource management system. New process reduced administrative requirements by 20%.
- Planned and implemented physical proficiency training programs for six thousand national servicemen. Commended by the division commander for exemplary performance.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance and Strategy
Duke University - Durham, NC
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Nanyang Technological University - Singapore