SVP and CFO
2016 - 2020
- Authored the business plan, developed a five-year monthly financial forecast, managed investor due diligence, and negotiated transaction documents and agreements. Raised capital from prominent family offices and ultra-high net worth individuals.
- Prepared an interactive five-year monthly financial forecast model with easily adjustable key assumptions and the ability to conduct 'what if' scenario analysis.
- Managed business, financial, and technical due diligence for domestic and international joint ventures, negotiated valuations, and prepared and executed legal documents.
Focus areas: Investment Memoranda, Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Capital Raising
Senior Vice President
2014 - 2016
RBC Capital Markets
- Led coverage of digital media, as well as coverage partner on several media production and interactive entertainment sectors companies.
- Led deal execution across M&A, private placement, leveraged finance and equity transactions.
- Originated and executed more than $1 billion in M&A transactions, $500 million in equity financing and $3 billion in debt financing.
- Raised $250 million for Vice Media from sale of minority stake to Disney, creating the largest digital media company in the world by equity value in 2015.
- Advised Vice Media on $850 million acquisition of H2 cable network from A+E Networks, and enabled the company to diversify its revenue streams and expand its business offerings to differentiate itself from media conglomerates.
- Replaced Goldman Sachs and UBS as sole private placement agent and successfully raised $50 million for Legendary Entertainment from Canadian pension fund within one month of marketing.
- Committed $3 billion of corporate loans to Film and TV Production companies, such as Disney, Viacom, MGM, Lionsgate, DHX Media and Entertainment One, and established RBC as the leading lender to the entertainment industry.
Focus areas: Senior Secured Debt, Convertible Debt, Debt Restructuring, Debt Raises, Bank Debt Raises, Initial Public Offerings, Equity Offerings, Equity Financing, Investor Relations, Investor Presentations, Financial Modeling, Capital Raising, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Three-statement Modeling, Equity Valuation, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Valuation, Reverse Mergers, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
2008 - 2013
- Originated and executed principal investments, M&A, and capital markets transactions for Macquarie Group in the telecommunications, media, and technology sectors.
- Developed thesis around new business offerings for portfolio companies and convinced the board of directors to pursue these opportunities.
- Negotiated and secured $800 million term loans and $900 million securitizations with new and existing lenders.
Focus areas: Operational Finance, Corporate Finance, Working Capital Management, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Investor Relations, Investor Presentations, Private Placement Structuring, Bank Debt Raises, Senior Secured Debt, Debt Raises, Debt Restructuring, Debt Workouts, Capital Structure Analysis, Capital Markets, Capital Raising, Capital Structuring, Fundraising, Investment Monitoring, Investment Summaries, Investment Thesis, Investment Portfolio Management, Investment Decision-making, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity
2006 - 2008
- Developed a comprehensive working knowledge of the analysis, structuring, and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, debt financings, and equity offerings.
- Created detailed financial models to value public and private companies, evaluate acquisitions and buyouts, analyze funding needs, and assess pro forma impact of capital markets transactions.
- Executed more than $50 billion of M&A and $12 billion of capital markets transactions, generating $80 million in fees that accounted for more than 20% of the group’s cumulative revenue over two years.
- Conducted due diligence and drafted information memorandum and marketing materials.
Focus areas: Senior Secured Debt, Debt Restructuring, Debt Raises, Bank Debt Raises, Equity Offerings, Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Private Placement Structuring, Capital Raising, Initial Public Offerings, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
2005 - 2006
- Prepared financial models, valuation and leverage analyses, board materials, committee memoranda and confidential information memoranda for various M&A, debt financings, and equity offerings.
- Designed and built complex financial models to perform valuation, capital structure, and leverage analyses.
- Analyzed industry trends, competitors, customers, and business model changes to develop a proactive understanding of market opportunities; performed systematic analyses to deliver solutions to clients.
- Created presentations to pitch products and transactions to clients and investors.
Focus areas: Valuation Multiples, Valuation Modeling, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Equity Offerings, Debt Raises, Capital Markets, Capital Raising, Initial Public Offerings, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
2000 - 2003
Temasek Holdings (CIAS International)
- Designed strategic plan to develop a market overview and evaluate investment opportunities; resulted in bids in excess of $800 million, executed four acquisitions and three joint ventures in Asia, North America, and Europe.
- Created complex operating models, performed financial analysis and conducted due diligence; efforts consisted of reviewing financial records, strategic plans, environmental reports, and legal contracts as well as management interviews and industry research.
- Developed and implemented business and marketing strategies for a portfolio company to provide commercial microbiological testing and hygiene inspection. New services generated more than $185,000 in revenue for food production portfolio company in the first year.
- Created business development and strategic plans for portfolio companies in the food production, logistics, and aviation services sectors. Analyzed strategic fit and valuation of potential acquisition targets, reviewed debt agreements, and evaluated exit opportunities.
- Advised senior management teams of portfolio companies on strategic alternatives and analyzed potential acquisitions.
Focus areas: Bank Debt Raises, Budgeting, Operational Finance, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investment Summaries, Investment Thesis, Investment Portfolio Management, Investment Decision-making, Valuation, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Private Equity
1995 - 1997
Singaporean Armed Forces
- Led 15-member work improvement team in designing and implementing a manpower resource management system. New process reduced administrative requirements by 20%.
- Planned and implemented physical proficiency training programs for six thousand national servicemen. Commended by the division commander for exemplary performance.
Focus areas: Trading, Operations Analytics