Verified Expert in Finance
William has in-depth experience in strategic finance, including M&A, corporate finance advisory, FP&A, treasury, and public company investor relations. His expertise spans small teams working on targeted projects to large teams tackling tactical, enterprise-level processes. William has led teams, managed reviews, and completed multiple acquisitions in digital IT services and cybersecurity. He has a passion for numbers and leverages financial decision-making to guide business leaders.
Operating Model: Revenue, Cost Build, and Financial Outputs
CFO Board Prep Discussion: Market Positioning and Valuation
Director: FP&A and Treasury
- Led the team that generated analyses for strategic cash management and deployment initiatives, including organic and inorganic investments and debt capital transactions.
- Managed the capital asset review process for new, material CAPEX projects; reduced overall CAPEX spend, improved use of the existing base of assets, and facilitated fixed asset reconciliation with a controller.
- Built and maintained internal cash flow and forecast models; coordinated with business unit finance directors to provide a rolling four-quarter view of expected firm performance.
- Led annual planning process; completed overhaul in response to corporate restructuring.
Senior Associate: Investor Relations and Capital Strategy
Booz Allen Hamilton
- Partnered with treasury to create value-based, dynamic capital structure and deployment framework designed to maximize shareholder value through economic and budget cycles.
- Analyzed financial statements and operating reports to prepare and review quarterly and annual filings (8-K, 10-K, 10-Q). Drafted the CFO’s portion of the earnings call transcript.
- Collaborated with the FP&A, treasury, strategy, and communications teams to align on financial outlooks, current performance, and messaging. Prepared earnings slides, investor presentations, and conference presentations.
- Engaged with analysts and investors to answer questions related to models, strategic initiatives, and operating plans.
Senior Associate: Corporate Development and Capital Strategy
Booz Allen Hamilton
- Partnered with treasury to pitch and execute the firm’s inaugural unsecured note offering in April ’17.
- Completed multiple acquisitions in both digital IT services and cybersecurity industries.
- Collaborated with operators and senior management to create organic and inorganic growth strategies, including strategic divestitures, “buy vs. build” analyses, joint venture agreements, and minority equity investments.
Investment Bank: Coverage Analyst (Building Products and Homebuilding)
Wells Fargo Securities
- Evaluated various business combinations' strategic and financial implications, such as pro forma growth and profitability, leverage characteristics, equity ownership, cash flow, and accretion and dilution.
- Prepared and delivered transaction proposals and related analyses to management and the board of directors.
- Performed corporate valuations using leveraged buyout, discounted cash flow, comparable companies, and precedent transaction analyses.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics; Business and Finance Concentration
North Carolina State University - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA