Verified Expert in Finance
An FP&A expert and chartered accountant, Xi led the Barclays treasury finance team managing a $250+ billion liquidity pool, a $30+ billion capital issuance forecast, and completed five Bank of England and European Central Bank stress tests. As head of FP&A at a private equity-backed real estate firm, Xi designed financial models to advise the board on financial issues. Experienced with multiple industries and firm sizes, Xi utilizes her financial expertise to create value for her clients.
Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Led all financial planning and analysis activities in the company, including annual budgeting, interim forecasting, financial performance analysis and reporting, and operating plan preparation.
- Designed and implemented financial models for the group's annual budget covering lettings, sales, surveying, financial services, and project and maintenance.
- Collaborated with the CEO, CFO, and rest of the board as well as business heads to identify and resolve performance issues.
- Charted a path to enhanced performance by analyzing business line profit margins, developing marketing strategies, saving costs, and identifying KPIs to drive profitability.
- Introduced 400% efficiency improvements in the HR reporting process through data capture automation and control environment enhancement.
- Managed the group’s planning analytics system (Cognos TM1), ensured accuracy and integrity of the data held (>500,000 data points), and enhanced reporting process via automated data capture and dashboard generation.
- Helped identify an M&A potential target in the London real estate space, prepared a valuation model using a discounted cash flow approach and acquisition plan for a potential $3 million acquisition.
- Led a team of four to deliver a treasury balance sheet and P&L forecasts for the bank’s short/medium-term plan (STP/MTP) and regulatory street tests (Bank of England and European Central Bank).
- Managed and produced key management information packs for the forecast and analysis of >$30 billion of wholesale funding and $250 billion of external assets.
- Managed the onboarding of a new forecasting model upon the introduction of new banking regulations via working closely with colleagues across treasury and IT to understand, assess, and deliver changes.
- Prepared numerous review packs and analysis presentations for the senior management, including group treasurer, group finance director, and treasury CFO.
- Collaborated with other treasury teams to review the bank’s forecast capital and liquidity matrix via producing scenario analysis as a key contributor to the management decision process.
- Represented treasury finance in planning timeline and approach discussions with multiple stakeholders across the bank, contributing to the coordination of a group-wide planning cycle and stress tests.
- Contributed on the determination of optimized capital issuance structure and timeline. Advised on complex capital issuance solutions such as asset-based securities, subordinated debt, and Additional Tier 1 Capital Contingent Convertibles (AT1 CoCos).
- Promoted from analyst to vice president within two years.
- Led external audit (under IFRS and UK GAAP) and regulatory assurance projects for several investment banks and financial services firms, including HSBC, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Daiwa, Visa, and Scotia Bank.
- Performed various financial review engagements including a credit impairment review of a $15 million lending portfolio at HSBC Private Bank.
- Advised clients on complicated accounting issues covering financial instruments, goodwill, fixed asset, deferred tax asset, investment property, derivatives, credit provisioning, leasing, hedge accounting, and group consolidation.
- Managed teams of various sizes (from 2-5 people) across different engagements and ensured consistent collaborative delivery via active relationship building and coaching.
Master's Degree in Real Estate Economics and Finance
The London School of Economics and Political Science - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Land and Real Estate Management
Renmin University of China - Beijing, China
Deep Learning Specialization
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring